cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv ios app no longer casting

Hi,

I bought a sky sports week pass today and have been unable to get it working when chrome casting from the Now TV app on iOS devices.  This was working OK about a week ago.  What happens is this:

- I open the Now TV app on iOS and press the cast icon and select the chrome cast name

- "Now TV Ready to cast" appears on the TV

- I press play on one of the channels

- TV screen changes to still image of the relevant programme, with buffering icon in the middle

- It returns to "Now TV Ready to cast" screen

I have latest versions of iOS and Now TV app.  I have restarted apps, router and chrome cast numerous times.

I'd really appreciate a solution to this, as not being able to chrome cast makes a week pass a lot less useful to me.

Thanks
TDB

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Have reset already to no effect, have also rebooted my BT box, reloaded NOWTV app and tried on another TV. All other Chromecast apps working perfectly. You seem to be ignoring the refund question!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue. 

Let's try and see if we can get this fixed for you. Please can you conduct a factory reset on your Chromecast, this should be found under the Settings Tab. 

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Ruth

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there, I've already done a reset - as mentioned earlier - it didn't fix the issue.  Behaviour is the same as my original post.

tdb

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this issue. 

Can you please try uninstalling and reinstalling the NOW TV app on your iOS device.

You may also check that both devices are running off the same Wireless network, just in case. 

Are you able to try casting from another device to see if you experience the same problem? 

Thanks, 

Karl 

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have deleted and reinstalled the Now TV app - the problem persists.

I have tried from different devices and see the same problem on all.

The devices and chrome cast are all on the same wireless network.

How can I apply for a refund?  I have paid for a week's pass which I am apparently unable to use because of this issue.

tdb

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

Can you please let us know if you are able to use any other devices? 

Thanks, 

Karl

NOW TV Team 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

All devices with the now tv app show the same problem.

tdb

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

What @Karl-F meant was whether you can play out any content on other devices without casting them to Chromecast?

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

oh right, I see - yes, playing content works ok on devices, it's just casting that doesn't work.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I also have this problem, or a very similar problem. It started two days ago, and since then I'm unable to cast the entertainment channels to my Chromecast from IOS. Everything else works (casting movies both live and on-demand, playing all content on the IOS device) but when I try to cast a live entertainment channel like SKY1 it goes through the motions, the Chromcast shows the splash screen for the program, but eventually it times out and goes back to the default NOWTV splash screen.

No errors occur on the device, I've tried rebooting router, chromecast and device. I've reinstalled the NOWTV app, I've reset the Chromecast device to factory settings. I've tried other devices to cast these channels and they all fail.

The strangest thing is that everything else works, just not the live entertainment channels.

I have a Roku NOWTV box and that is still working wiht the live entertainment channels, so it's probably not related to the network.