cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now tv ios app no longer casting

Hi,

I bought a sky sports week pass today and have been unable to get it working when chrome casting from the Now TV app on iOS devices.  This was working OK about a week ago.  What happens is this:

- I open the Now TV app on iOS and press the cast icon and select the chrome cast name

- "Now TV Ready to cast" appears on the TV

- I press play on one of the channels

- TV screen changes to still image of the relevant programme, with buffering icon in the middle

- It returns to "Now TV Ready to cast" screen

I have latest versions of iOS and Now TV app.  I have restarted apps, router and chrome cast numerous times.

I'd really appreciate a solution to this, as not being able to chrome cast makes a week pass a lot less useful to me.

Thanks
TDB

64 REPLIES 64
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Replying to myself here - one thing I should add is that other chrome cast apps appear to work fine (e.g. youtube and iplayer)

tdb

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same problem on android, sony Xperia .. Also not playing on pc. Very annoyed .. How do I get a refund ??
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User and @Anonymous User

Sorry to hear this.

There was apparently an issue with some Chromcast users earlier, whcih should now be resolved.

Can you try resetting your Chromecast - hold down the button on your Chromecast for at least 25 seconds or until the solid light begins flashing.

and then try again.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Rich

The NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply.  I've done a factory reset of the chrome cast and set it up again - still the same result - now TV app fails to cast, but other casting apps work fine.

My main reason for purchasing the week pass was to watch this weekend's football, but it appears I'm unable to do so.

tdb

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Very sorry to hear this. Do you get any error messages when it fails to cast?

Cheers

Ranj

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have the same problem. Clearly a Now TV to Chromecast issue. What is the answer to the refund question?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for your post. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same issue. 

Let's try and see if we can get this fixed for you. Please can you conduct a factory reset on your Chromecast, this should be found under the Settings Tab. 

Also, are you recieving any error messages when trying to connect to NOW TV?

Let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Seema

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi there,

No error message.

tdb

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have exactly the same issue. It started yesterday. I contacted support through online chat, tried everything that was suggested but to no avail. It magically started working again mid-chat, and it was fine for the rest of the evening. I switched it on to try and watch today's game at 4 and I'm getting the same problem. Really disappointing given that I paid for a week pass. Streams from BT sport, Netflix, YouTube, BBC sport etc have no issues at all.