cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jericho5617
Mentor

now tv bt pro box

Hi can some one please tell me how i get now tv onto my BT tv pro box is there somewhere in the settings? any help would be graterful thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@jericho5617 

I’m not sure what your exact difficulty here is 😢

Get the Home Menu of the Pro box up by switching it on, or if already on by pressing the purple Home button on the remote;

Scroll down one row (or maybe more on the Pro box, I’m working from my T4000 here), from Live TV to Featured Apps;

Scroll right to the Now app;

Open it, and proceed as per @gavs82008 ‘s post.

This is the Now app much as anyone can get it, on any device that Now supports, via any ISP, except that the Now app on YouView boxes doesn’t support subtitles; this may not matter to you, but is why we never watch Now on our YouView box.

Or it may be that you are trying to get the live Now channels offered by BT? In which case, you have gone the wrong way about it 😢

To get these channels, you need to have BT as your ISP, and additionally subscribe to BT TV. Whereupon, BT will supply you with a Pro box for the duration of your subscription, at no additional cost.

(By the way, you don’t own the BT Pro box you got off eBay, you just have guardianship of it, as BT will never have relinquished title to it. However, this is unlikely to matter in practice; but it is a thing to bear in mind).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jericho5617 

Is your billing for NOW through BT directly? If so have a nosy at this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
jericho5617
Mentor

no i have no billing at moment i just pick up the box from ebay and was wondering how to put now tv on would i have to go through bt? or can it be done via now tv site thanks

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@jericho5617 

For better flexibility your best to go via NOW directly. 

To access NOW on the BT box you’ll need to launch the app and then go all the way to the bottom until you see a row of options. One should be account, in there you can log in with your details.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@jericho5617 

I’m not sure what your exact difficulty here is 😢

Get the Home Menu of the Pro box up by switching it on, or if already on by pressing the purple Home button on the remote;

Scroll down one row (or maybe more on the Pro box, I’m working from my T4000 here), from Live TV to Featured Apps;

Scroll right to the Now app;

Open it, and proceed as per @gavs82008 ‘s post.

This is the Now app much as anyone can get it, on any device that Now supports, via any ISP, except that the Now app on YouView boxes doesn’t support subtitles; this may not matter to you, but is why we never watch Now on our YouView box.

Or it may be that you are trying to get the live Now channels offered by BT? In which case, you have gone the wrong way about it 😢

To get these channels, you need to have BT as your ISP, and additionally subscribe to BT TV. Whereupon, BT will supply you with a Pro box for the duration of your subscription, at no additional cost.

(By the way, you don’t own the BT Pro box you got off eBay, you just have guardianship of it, as BT will never have relinquished title to it. However, this is unlikely to matter in practice; but it is a thing to bear in mind).

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
jericho5617
Mentor

Thanks all manage to get this sorted now thanks all for your help