cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

now sky sports pass doesnt play on my tv unsupported firestick

what do i do to get it working i have a months sky sports pass but telly says my firestick doesnt support now tv !

4 REPLIES 4
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Well Mall

Now TV has never supported the Amazon Firestick, and probably never will.

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User @ukbobboy 

There is a higher chance of Now TV being developed for other devices such as Amazon Fire TV. 

This is mainly down to Comcast (Owner of Sky), as they have developed an app for their TV offering onto Amazon Fire TV

https://www.techfollows.com/firestick/install-xfinity-stream-on-firestick/

My hope is that it's now a matter of time!

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@gavs82008  @Anonymous User 

Hi Gavs

I think you've missed my point, Now TV's streaming devices are cloned from (based on) Roku's and as such can do anything Roku's devices can do, but they don't because Now TV deliberately restrict their facilities, apps and functions.  Plus, you also know that Now TV jealously guards their devices functionality, so much so that any non-supported new feature/extra that is discovered is zapped as soon as possible.  

Therefore,  whether Amazon and Now TV will share devices and channels/apps in the future will be down to what agreement they can both reach, not due to technical differences. 

UK Bob

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@ukbobboy 

Agreed re 'Therefore,  whether Amazon and Now TV will share devices and channels/apps in the future will be down to what agreement they can both reach, not due to technical differences.'

Amazon and Comcast have clearly come to some form of agreement otherwise the Comcast TV package wouldn't have been launched on Amazon Fire TV devices. 

That was my point in relation to Amazon and Now TV.

Indeed I do fully understand and aware that Now TV devices are Roku products, that is also a sad truth in the past that Now TV would almost refuse point blank to allow other well known apps on their devices and being grinches on letting Now TV on as many devices as possible. 

What we need to bare in mind is that both BT and Virgin have Amazon on their boxes, this merely leaving Sky in the dust for being so ridged.  

Hopefully with Comcast under the helm, there will be some flexibility on Now TV devices and the Now TV app being developed for other platforms.  

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help