cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tothbros
Scholar 2

distorted sound with roku on several apps

hi,

i was just wondering if anyone else has similar issues. i've been using roku boxes for several years now, but never been able to get to the bottom of this.

so, the problem: mainly on itv hub and all4 apps sound is generally quite poor, i would describe it as a garbled sound, distorted, that can be heard mostly during dialogue, human speech. its more present when the volume is higher, but using earphones its noticable even at a lower volume. either way, its really annoying, definitely not an audiophile issue (which i am not 🙂 ).

whats interesting is that its only present with on demand content, live tv on both apps is fine. and strangely, the sound issue not always there, but i would say 80% of the time it is.

i have three roku boxes, two roku 3's (4200) and one roku 2 (4210) - and the issue is the same on all three. 

i have contacted itv and channel 4 before, and went through the painstaking process of making sure its not my hardware, not my internet and so on... played around with the audio settings of roku, tried different hdmi cables, different tv's... i even did a hard reset on my roku, which was a pain, but no joy.

now as im planning to buy new devices, mostly because "NOW" is painfully slow on my roku's, i would like to somehow find out if this above mentioned issue is roku-related (outdated hardware?) or not, because if it is, then hopefully buying newer roku's would solve it.

so, if any of you experienced this issue, please share...

thanks!

10 REPLIES 10
Saint1976
Elite 3

@tothbros I'm at work but will check my settings later and report back.