cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

concurrency error

I have 3 devices that can use NOW TV. Non are currently tuned in. I have checked log in times on my account to confirm this. When I try to log in using any one of the devices they all give a concurrency error. Tried switching off and restartingTV box, phone and tablet but this makes no difference.

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, and sorry for all the question, but with a "normal" NowTV subscription can you watch on 2 devices?

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, and sorry for all the question, but with a "normal" NowTV subscription can you watch on 2 devices?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Not to worry, we are all customers here and in it together haha. Up until summer you could, then for some odd reason NOW reduced it to 1, unless you take out boost which you get 3 streams.

For me I was unaffected by this as I had boost already for the 1080p and 5.1 sound.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Straight answer:-

No. On a basic, non-BT, non-Boost, Now setup you are now limited to one device per account.

Other stuff to know:-

If you want to switch from one device to another device, on the same account, you need to allow about 10 minutes for the first one to clear before you can watch on that other device.

If you have Boost, you can watch on three devices at once. The ten minute rule applies here also, but it would be quite rare to be watching on three devices at once, and wishing to discontinue on one of them and start up on a fourth device, so you might never observe this in practice.

Please note the difference between a BT YouView box in general, and a YouView box on BT TV.

The former is a YouView box badged BT, which can be operated free of subscription and used on any ISP.

The latter is any YouView box, BT, TalkTalk or Retail, but being operated with BT as your ISP and with a subscription to BT TV.

On that second category of boxes a BT TV subscriber can elect to take NowTV directly from BT, rather than from Now. The Now live channels will then appear as BT channels on that box, though the subscriber can still watch via the Now app on the YouView box (and this is still necessary for catchup) or indeed via the Now app on any device.

The fantastically elusive ability to watch on two boxes at once, without Boost, is therefore limited to those with Now direct from BT,

which implies that you are subscribed to BT TV and have BT as your ISP,

watched on a YouView box that is the current bearer of the BT TV subscription (or if you have BT TV Multiroom, a bearer of the current BT TV subscription*),

and only when you have already started watching Now on a further device,

and then start watching on the YouView box that is the current bearer of the BT TV subscription (or if you have BT TV Multiroom, a bearer of the current BT TV subscription).

Except that if you have Multiroom in these circumstances, you can watch on two YouView boxes at once, as long as each is a bearer of the current BT TV subscription.

And note that @gavs82008 thinks, or thought, that it’s qualifying YouView box first, and then other device, the opposite order to what I think, and we are still not sure who is right here 😢

* BT TV subscribers may have multiple YouView boxes, but unless they have Multiroom, only one of them can be the bearer of the BT TV subscription at any one time. Even with Multiroom, the limit is wrong.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User

You are not supposed to mark somebody else’s question as the solution 😛

Did you just mean to give @Anonymous User a kudo?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

Note that in the above, which I have run out of time to edit,

* BT TV subscribers may have multiple YouView boxes, but unless they have Multiroom, only one of them can be the bearer of the BT TV subscription at any one time. Even with Multiroom, the limit is wrong.

should be:-

* BT TV subscribers may have multiple YouView boxes, but unless they have Multiroom, only one of them can be the bearer of the BT TV subscription at any one time. Even with Multiroom, the limit is two.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks very much that is completely clear now. That is definitely more than the BT support guys know!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Also I have now worked out that I can watch on 2 devices if I start with the other device first, followed by my BT Youview box.