cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

concurrency error

I have 3 devices that can use NOW TV. Non are currently tuned in. I have checked log in times on my account to confirm this. When I try to log in using any one of the devices they all give a concurrency error. Tried switching off and restartingTV box, phone and tablet but this makes no difference.

• LG
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, and sorry for all the question, but with a "normal" NowTV subscription can you watch on 2 devices?

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If I’m not mistaken with BT your stream must be on the BT box.

Although I’m not a NOW customer via BT.

Found this on the BT forum.

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Sport-on-TV-Online-player-or/Watching-on-two-devices-nowtv-with-BT-TV-box/td-p/2179252

And this on the NOw help forum.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/bt-support

NOW is available on a huge range of devices. BT customers can watch on 2 devices at once (as long as one is a BT TV Box and you start streaming in the correct order), or 3 if you have NOW Boost. If you're watching on a BT TV Box, to watch on 2 devices at once you'll need to leave the NOW channels and start watching on the NOW app. You can then return and watch NOW on your BT TV Box as well. You can watch live on your BT TV Box, and live or On Demand via the NOW app.

Good to knowIf you're watching on two BT TV Boxes then you can start them in any order.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks that is interesting but it doesn’t account for why I can’t watch on an iPad and a BT youview box at the same time. The annoying thing is that I had a NowTV subscription and I switched to BT so I could watch via their box but now I have this issue. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

From how I read it is that you must stream the channels from the BT box first. Then you can stream on another device.

My suggestion to give BT a call to confirm the correct method to give you 2 proper streams.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks, I’ll test the streaming order and see if that helps

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

I have reported the description of how to get two simultaneous streams when you have Now from BT in the hope that someone will rewrite it, since it is as clear as mud, but this has not happened.

The lack of clarity is evinced by my thinking the exact opposite of what @gavs82008  thinks, as I reckon you have to start the non-YouView stream first 😢

My recipe is:-

1. If you are watching on  the YouView box, either the Now app or the BT live Now channels, then stop, exit, and wait ten minutes for the Now to notice that the stream is gone.

2. Start watching on the iPad.

3. Start watching on the YouView box.

I have no idea if what you can watch in Step 3 is the Now app only, or the BT live Now channels only, or either according to your preference. Though I would hope the latter.

@Anonymous User you will be doing us all a great service if you can try it @gavs82008 ‘s way, and then try it my way, and report back on what actually does and doesn’t work.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
RoyB
Legend

NOTE: I was fine-tuning the above when I ran out of Edit time.
Accordingly, please refer to this improved version.

@Anonymous User @gavs82008 

I have reported the description of how to get two simultaneous streams when you have Now from BT but no Boost in the hope that someone will rewrite it, since it is as clear as mud, but this has not happened.

The lack of clarity is evinced by my thinking the exact opposite of what @gavs82008  thinks, as I reckon you have to start the non-YouView stream first 😢

My recipe assumes you don’t have Boost and is:-

1. If you are watching on  the YouView box, either the Now app or the BT live Now channels, then stop, exit, and wait ten minutes for Now to notice that the stream is gone.

2. Start watching on the iPad, or other non-YouView device.

3. Start watching on the YouView box.

I have no idea if what you can watch in Step 3 is the Now app only, or the BT live Now channels only, or either according to your preference. Though I would hope the latter.

The above is the full scenario, but you may well be able to follow a simpler scenario, depending on where you start, and what devices you use:-

Scenario 1:

If you are already watching on the iPad or other non-YouView device, then you are already at Step 2, you don’t need to worry about Step 1, and you can proceed with Step 3 if you want to watch on a separate device, but this must be a YouView device on a BT TV Now subscription.

Scenario 2:

If you are already watching Now on a BT TV YouView box, then you can start watching it on another one at will.

The thing you can’t do is to be watching via YouView, and then start watching on a non-YouView device.

@Anonymous User you will be doing us all a great service if you can try it @gavs82008 ‘s way, and then try it my way, and report back on what actually does and doesn’t work.

There have been reports that nothing at all works, but it is not clear if this is because it is true, or because people could not get their interpretation of what BT has said above to work.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok, I’ve tried everything, including viewing on 2 BT youview boxes and I’ve made sure I’ve closed the app on my other devices. There is no scenario where I can actually watch on 2 devices at the same time. Can anyone advise on what to do next?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Call BT to find out the correct method as they advertise it and should be able to provide the information for you.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've just come off the phone to BT and they can't help - they said I should go to NowTV support. I think the only solution is to go back to subscribing direct from NowTV  instead of via BT. However if I do that would I then be restricted to one device (unless I subscribe to Boost)? 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Wow that’s helpful. 
It boils down to how much you really want the “second” stream.

With Boost you also get 1080p, 5.1 sound and no third party adverts on demand content.