cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ella1966
Mentor

cinema greats channel doesn't work

I have been on with chat for one hour, four different advisors and not one of them seem to understand what I am saying.  I have put a complaint through because of the amount of time repeating myself so I am going to try here.

I cannot get the Sky Cinema greats channel to load, we have reset the box, unplugged, updated, redone the channels.  I watched on an LG tv with a set top black box, palm size and nothing has made a difference.

All that happens when I try to watch on this particular channel is it loads after inputting my pin and then comes up with box player error.  No error number, nothing else, that's it.  I haven't got another device in my living room to watch on, I don't want to watch on a laptop - I want to watch my living room tv like everybody else.  All other channels work fine including other cinema channels.

Hope someone out there can help.

• LG
3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ella1966 

This LG TV does it have the NOW app available on it? 

Have you tried to set the NOW black box to factory settings? 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ella1966 

I am guessing live chat asked you to go through these trouble shooting steps in the guide below ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-the-roku-player 

I haven't got access to my NOW box at the moment to see if the Sky Cinema channels such has Sky Cinema Greats is coming up with any error.

Apart from the steps in the above linked trouble shooting guide i would also be tempted to change the wifi channel and try both wifi 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi frequencies bands on your Router if it is dual band supported.

Or better still try an Ethernet cable between the Now box and Router.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ella1966 

Sky Cinema Greats live channel is working fine for me, where i am currently watching Predator.

Have you checked if any of the films you want to watch on Sky Cinema Greats is also on the NOW on Demand library section service ?

Where the majority of the live Sky Cinema streams are also on Demand with your NOW Cinema Membership.