cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cant play films

Hi I have a talk talk box and I have tried now tv on it and I can't play any movies just keeps saying subscribe which I did yesterday. Why cant I wat h anything.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah it's entertainment pass but I can't watch anything just the sky films appears nothing else.

Hi @Anonymous User 

Entertainment is not available on Youview at the moment due to a software limitation in the base Youview software. NowTV have no control over this software limitation and so they need to wait for Youview to make the necessary developments in order to make entertainment available.

As the post you marked as the solution actually wasn't the accepted solution can you remove the solution Mark and place it on the appropriate post.

You can remove the solution by by selecting the options tab on the appropriate post and selecting "not the solution"

@Anonymous User  As far as getting a refund goes now TV might be able to do this for you as long as you haven't used the pass to watch any entertainment content yet. I have copied in a member of the now TV staff on this post. Hopefully a member of the now TV team will respond shortly.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I have already found the information for you. But before you try and use the info can you go to the my account section in the now TV app and doublecheck that you are logged in with the same username that you use the login to your account on a PC. A now TV account is linked to a sky ID and it is possible to have multiple sky IDs so you could have accidentally set up two different accounts.

You could also try signing out of the now TV app and signing back in again.

Once you have tried both of these steps I will gladly give you the information to access maintenance/recovery mode, but I don't like giving the information out unless everything else has been tried first because of how dangerous it can be.

I look forward to your replySmiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have signed out and signed back in on my tv to make sure it's the same as on my phone but it's still not working
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi I have signed out and signed back in on my tv to make sure it's the same as on my phone but it's still not working

@Anonymous User 

Thank you for doing that.Smiley Happy

Please read the information below very carefully

The following info On accessing recovery/maintenance mode is taken from Youview's website. If you wish to go to the page on their site. Click here. I would recommend making sure your box is connected to the Internet first before attempting to access maintenance mode.

TalkTalk Device Model(s): DN370T, DN372T, DN360T

1. Turn the power on using the switch found on the back of the set top box.
  2. Press the front panel stand-by button.
  3. Very quickly press and hold both the channel +/- buttons together.
  4. After displaying the initial start screen, the box should enter maintenance mode.

Upon accessing maintenance mode you will see five options

1. Software Reset
  2. Factory Reset , keep recordings
  3. Factory Reset, delete recordings
  4. Internet / USB recovery, keep recordings
  5. Internet / USB recovery , delete recordings

Youview recommend that you try the least severe option first. The least severe option is "factory reset, keep recordings"

Before you attempt any of these options I would just like to remind you again of how powerful maintenance mode is and therefore how dangerous it can be. Do not turn off your box at the mains or otherwise. While it is performing one of the recovery/maintenance tasks. Doing so may break your Youview box beyond repair.

Also does now TV work, for you on other devices. If it does the net means you definitely have an active pass

I hope you sort out your problem:smileyhappy: And let me know how you get on. Smiley Happy

Kind regards

Commanda6

PS if this does solve your problem. Don't forget to Mark this post as an accepted solution.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi it hasn't worked at all. Should I just cancel it. Could I get my money back as they charged me 6.99
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi it hasn't worked at all. Should I just cancel it. Could I get my money back as they charged me 6.99

Hi @Anonymous User 

Hang on a minute.  The charge for movies pass is £9.99. The £6.99 charge is either for an entertainment pass or sports day pass log into your account on a PC, go to your my account page and doublecheck that you actually have the movies pass.

It is much easier to manage your account on a PC

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah it's entertainment pass but I can't watch anything just the sky films appears nothing else.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User 

Entertainment is not available on Youview at the moment due to a software limitation in the base Youview software. NowTV have no control over this software limitation and so they need to wait for Youview to make the necessary developments in order to make entertainment available.

As the post you marked as the solution actually wasn't the accepted solution can you remove the solution Mark and place it on the appropriate post.

You can remove the solution by by selecting the options tab on the appropriate post and selecting "not the solution"

@Anonymous User  As far as getting a refund goes now TV might be able to do this for you as long as you haven't used the pass to watch any entertainment content yet. I have copied in a member of the now TV staff on this post. Hopefully a member of the now TV team will respond shortly.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

We have talk talk and use now tv so you view box does support

Now tv both entertainment and movies

Try rebooting the now tv box

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User 

@commanda6 is right, we don't have Entertainment on Youview.  You can still enjoy the pass using any supported devices. If you don't wish to continue on, please let me know 🙂

Birgit

NOW TV Team

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi please I would like to cancel it then.