cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

cant play films

Hi I have a talk talk box and I have tried now tv on it and I can't play any movies just keeps saying subscribe which I did yesterday. Why cant I wat h anything.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Yeah it's entertainment pass but I can't watch anything just the sky films appears nothing else.

Hi @Anonymous User 

Entertainment is not available on Youview at the moment due to a software limitation in the base Youview software. NowTV have no control over this software limitation and so they need to wait for Youview to make the necessary developments in order to make entertainment available.

As the post you marked as the solution actually wasn't the accepted solution can you remove the solution Mark and place it on the appropriate post.

You can remove the solution by by selecting the options tab on the appropriate post and selecting "not the solution"

@Anonymous User  As far as getting a refund goes now TV might be able to do this for you as long as you haven't used the pass to watch any entertainment content yet. I have copied in a member of the now TV staff on this post. Hopefully a member of the now TV team will respond shortly.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the community.

Firstly, click on your My Account page on the website to make sure you can see your movies pass is active. Then make sure you are signing in with the same username and password on your YouView box. You could also try holding the power button on your YouView box in for several seconds to reboot the box.

If that doesn't work post back, @commanda6 is an experienced YouView user and might be able to offer you more help.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

i have remove all devices from my account when i go to watch a film it should auto come on but it keep saying u have reach ur mounthly allowance and not giving me the option to add any divice what should i do ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User the quickest method is to jump on to Live Chat and explain your situation, they might be able to sort something out for you this month.
Visit http://help.nowtv.com/article/Managing-Devices
and at the bottom will be a Contact Us button, from here Live Chat should be available (hours are 8am-midnight).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

tried all of these..its saying unauthorised when i try and watch a film but was working fine up to today

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Anonymous User,

Thanks for posting.

Can you elaborate when you say "tired all of these?"

Can I ask you to try unplugging all other devices from the TV and try with only the Youview box for me?

Thanks

Simon

NOW TV Team

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi I have a talk talk box and I have tried now tv on it and I can't play any movies just keeps saying subscribe which I did yesterday. Why cant I wat h anything.

Hi @Anonymous User 

Can you please try the following troubleshooting steps

Go to the device management section in the Youview settings menu and perform an update of the Youview box software and on demand players. After this attempt to watch something through the now TV app on the box

If this does not work

Unplug your Youview box at the mains, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in again when you bring your box out of standby it will go through a complete reset. When the box is up and running again try watching something through the now TV app on the box.

If neither of these steps work please post back with your box model number  You should be able to find this info in the system/device information section in the settings menu on your Youview box.

Hope that helpsSmiley Happy

PS also see @Andy 's Post above. We meet again, Andy you always mentioned me just as I am postingSmiley Very Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi I have tried both of your digestions but it doesn't work here is my model number DN360T.01.02.P
I have never had this problem with Netflix.
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
Hi I have tried both of your digestions but it doesn't work here is my model number DN360T.01.02.P
I have never had this problem with Netflix.

Hi @Anonymous User 

The fact that you've tried the netflix player on your Youview box and that works means that your box has an active Internet connection. Smiley Happy

I am going to take the information you have given me and doublecheck how to access maintenance/recovery mode for your box model

Warning recovery mode has a set of very powerful tools, which should only ever be used as a very last resort and using them can in fact be dangerous. You should never turn off your Youview box accidentally or otherwise. While it is performing one of the maintenance/recovery tasks. Doing so could break your Youview box beyond repair. You have been warned.

In the meantime can you please confirm for me. The following

• What error messages are you getting when you try to play now TV content
  • Is it one specific piece of content that you have a problem with, or every piece of content that you try to play?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Every film I try to play it just keeps coming up as subsscribe now. I have tried couple of films just to see if it will play anything but it won't. I am also signed in as well. So if you can find out the information for me please I would be grateful otherwise I am going to cancel it.