cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

can't access NOW TV on Virgin Business Broadband with AppleTV, but other platforms OK

hello all,

I have a Virgin MEdia Business Broadband service with fixed IP addresses, and I cannot access NOW TV on a Apple 4k TV box.  Other devices on my network using the same broadband and external IP all stream fine, LG TV, Samsung TV etc, etc.  It just won't work on Apple TV 4K.

I have downloaded the latest NOW App on Apple TV, so thats not the problem.  Exactly same broadband network, so it must be a combination of Apple TV with Virgin Business.

My IP is not blocked, since I can use the service on other platforms.

Has anyone else experienced this?

thanks

Andy

1 REPLY 1
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Any error message when you attempt to use the NOW App on the Apple TV box ?

A couple of ATV owners have recently reported problems accessing the NOW App on their ATV device.

A while back using an Adblocker such has Pi-Hole caused a "Currently unavailable error message" on their ATV devices.

As a temporary test have you tried something like Google DNS on the ATV box to see if the NOW App runs on it ?

Unfortunately i don't own a ATV box (only a third generation ATV box that is in the cupboard gathering dust because the NOW App no longer is supported on this device).