cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tothbros
Scholar 2

audio out of sync on roku

hi,

so my issue is that on live channels audio is out of sync.

not all the time and not all the channels, but its a constant thing, whenever i go through the channels, i always bump into a few where theres a very slight, but noticeable sync issue and it definitely takes away from viewing pleasure.

this is on a roku device. the newest roku ultra. and before somebody points out that these are made for the US market and not necessarily compatible with NOW, i have the same exact issue with the 2nd gen. NOW Smart box (non-freeview version).

i played around with audio settings on the ROKU (stereo, PCM, dolby, leveling, night mode, etc.) and also my telly, but nothing makes a difference.

changing the refresh rate between 50 and 60 HZ also doesnt make any difference.

i would also mention that other apps like BBC, ITV, ALL4 and others all work fine, and i never experienced this audio sync issue other than on NOW live channels (entertainment, cinema, sport).

also, this issue is not present on ON DEMAND content.

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@tothbros 

All I can suggest is

• Make sure the system is fully updated
  • Unplug the device and also your router for a few minutes 
  • Worst case set it back to factory settings 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

If they all fail, report to NOW directly. Best with email so you can send pictures/videos. 
Address is in the below picture.

5E97CBA4-F59A-44A2-A533-02079C3A9318.jpeg

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
tothbros
Scholar 2

thanks for your reply. i've done all that, restarts, updates, but the problem persists. the only thing i havent done and not planning to do is a hard reset, because i've done that before and its really fussy to log in to every app afterwards, its a pain.

its a really niche problem and hard to demonstrate, reproduce, but really annoying.

and its quite obvious this is a NOW issue as i really havent had any similar problems with any other apps on the roku/now platform.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@tothbros 

https://www.google.com/search?q=roku+ultra+audio+out+of+sync&oq=roku+ultra+audio&aqs=chrome.3.69i57j...

Work you way through some of the threads with solutions.

Also, what TV are you using? I have a Roku Premiere connected to an LG TV using HDMI Arc and optical out from the TV to a Yamaha amp. BBC iPlayer is always out of sync but the TV has a setting that allows me to shift the audio to match. Your TV may have a similar feature.

IMG_20220515_124505__01.jpg

tothbros
Scholar 2

thanks, i tried these and unfortunately didnt solve the problem.

i am not using digital/optical out, i am using my telly's audio through hdmi. i do have delay settings on my TCL telly, but only for the digital output.

i have 3 roku ultras in the house, 2 connected to TCL android tv's, and 1 to an older LG tv. they all have the same audio sync issues.

the only common denominator is the NOW app.