cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youview

People on youview forum reporting now tv app is now live on BT youview boxes looks like you need to be a BT customer to get your box updated 

29 REPLIES 29
Mark_Weinreb
Legend 5
Legend 5

Working on both my T4000 and T2100 (not a BT customer). However, pause doesn’t work. When I press the pause button on the remote I just get the barred icon on screen. 
I had hoped that with a hard disk there would be a longer pause than we get on the NowTV boxes and sticks. Wasn’t expecting no pause at all. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think you can only pause live tv through the epg if you add now tv through bt

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you now all sorted with the full complement of NowTV Passes available on your Youview box ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Never used my Youview box via the old style NowTV App in the past due to so many limitations on it, but i have only just noticed that Subtitles isn't currently supported (not a biggie for me has it stands at the moment, but not so good for people who rely on subtitles when using the NowTV service 😡). 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Glad to see nowtv fully live on youview, I'm considering going back to this platform now.

Just for my own clarity, those using youview boxes on non bt lines, you dont see the channels in the epg? That's my understanding of all the press releases and forums that I've read.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

No NOWTV channels in the EPG, no subtitles, no record and no live pause. It's a bit buggy on the T2000 too! I'd avoid Youview, its a sinking ship where the retail sector is concerned.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you, subtitles arent something I require.

I do personally have BT Broadband but I was asking if the functionality was there if I moved ISP's.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

If you have BT broadband the the channels should be displayed within the EPG for you. No idea if live pause or record will work without a subscription though.

If you don't have BT broadband then no, no EPG, no record and no live pause.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you again, I cant recall the last time I recorded anything!

Pausing would be nice but also no biggie. I would imagine that I'd need a subscription for these functions and currently going via BT isnt worth it as we are on the £99 black friday special for entertainment and movies.

My partner being able to find channels in the epg along with the likes of bbc one is a big plus for her though.

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

If you already have a Youview box then fair enough, plug it in but don't go buying a youview retrail box just to get it because there are better options out there. Up to you though...