cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youview

People on youview forum reporting now tv app is now live on BT youview boxes looks like you need to be a BT customer to get your box updated 

29 REPLIES 29
Anonymous User
Not applicable

No one seems to have any concrete information as to what boxes and when apart from BT launching tomorrow although some

people got the app this evening 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

My T4000 Youview Box has just got the full NowTV App update (see photo below) including the HD Boost service 😁.

IMG_20200220_223647_hdr.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My PLusnet TV Youview box has just had the app upgraded and I can get all the now tv passes and the boost option! 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Are any off you with BT broadband or tv??

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I am seeing some weird activity on my Youview box, where if i go to My TV > Watch List and play one of the NowTV Entertainment TV shows that has just been added there, then jump out of the TV show by pressing the back button on the remote it takes me to the new home page layout shown in the photo above.

Where if i leave the NowTV App then return back to the App later on it shows the old layout with Cinema only.

Going back to My TV > Watch List on the Youview box and start a NowTV Entertainment show in the Watch List Folder then allows me to access the new layout again if i jump out of the TV show episode by pressing the back button.

Hopefully it a glitch and everything will settle down in a few hours (fingers crossed).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps I can’t be assed getting out of bed to check my boxes I’ve waited this long I’ll wait until tomorrow 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

NowTV Broadband customer using NowTV passes purchased via the NowTV website.

I haven't been a BT Broadband / BT TV customer for about two years now. 

PaulNormanUK
Scholar 3

I have it on all my boxes and I have Virgin Media Broadband. T2000, T2100, T2110 and T4000!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Sky Sports with the 50fps frame rate looks really good on Sky Main Event, Sky Premier League and Sky Sports Formula One channel with the HD Boost Pass on the Youview Box 😁.

Will have do some picture comparisons between the Youview T4000 Box and my NowTV 4K smart box in the next few days to see if any of the two boxes have any slight advantage over PQ when using my HD Boost Pass.

Unfortunately won't be able to test 5.1 surround sound where my Soundbase connected to the television is not Dolby Digital Plus compatible and only outputs 2.1 sound.

Where i can't test the Youview box in the back Cinema Room with my AV Receiver because i haven't got an Ethernet connection in the back Cinema room and use my Roku Stick Plus over WiFi which works perfectly fine over HD & DD Plus 😁.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Everything seems to have settled down now for me, where i can access all my NowTV Passes directly via the NowTV App on my T4000 Youview Box showing the new NowTV Home Page layout 😁.

First initial impressions seems favourable and my Youview box might be my go to steaming box in the future when watching on my main Living Room television (shame the Youview box hasn't got the YouTube App).