cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Youtube App stopped working

I have got 2 NOW sticks, the YouTube app on both has stopped working, clicking on it just takes me to a blank screen, 

I can access YouTube via one of the TVs smart apps and via my PC and tablet. 

I have checked updates and the sticks have the latest update 17 Sep and uninstalling and reinstalling has not fixed the problem 

15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don’t think it’s you …. It’s them. Mine stopped this morning too …. Have also done system update etc…. Fingers crossed we’ll get an answer soon. . . Missing YouTube whilst making breakfast 🙂 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I haven't checked this morning, but I was watching YouTube on my Stick yesterday without issues.

I would be inclined to try rebooting both the stick and Router by switching the power off to them for a minute.

Should that not help I would be tempted to factory reset one of the Sticks to see if that fixes it.

Strange both Sticks have the same issue on different televisions which would suggest to me it's either related to the YouTube App on NOW or there is a conflict between the NOW YouTube App and your Router.

When I have got a chance I will check the YouTube App on my NOW Stick to see if it's more widespread or an isolated case for you. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Ignore my post it looks like it's more widespread where I just also seen @Anonymous User post.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the sme problem starting today. I can access YouTube everywhere except my nowtv stick ..

Anonymous User
Not applicable

OK, so I reset my tv, router and stick, and checked all the updates but still no joy. It must be a problem between YouTube and Now. Maybe somebody didn't pay the bill or something. All we can do is wait and see ..

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

You could report it to NOW either on their live Web chat service or NOW social media such has the NOW Twitter or NOW Facebook page.

Hopefully they are aware of it and on the case.

I haven't got access to my NOW Stick at the moment to check the YouTube App on it, plus my NOW box or any of my Roku Players to see if it's the NOW /Roku OS YouTube App that is corrupted. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

See this recent Tweet put out by NOW regarding the YouTube App.

Screenshot_20210921-091705.png

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have this same issue on both my Now boxes this morning. Where do I access Now live web chat? I just tried, and all I got was a robot that directed me right back here.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Click "chat online" and you will get live chat. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help