cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

YouView app crashing

Since yesterday afternoon, I've been unable to play any content through the NOW app on my YouView box. Don't know if it has anything to do with the rebranding update. The app loads, lets me choose content, then I get a black screen with the new green circle (rather than the coloured dots), and it goes back to the apps page of my box. Other apps like Prime are working fine. Can't view catch-up, box sets or live, so nothing at all ...

3 REPLIES 3
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

I am guessing you have tried unplugging the power to both the Youview box and Router for a minute to see if that fixes it.

The rotating green circle has now replaced the four spinning coloured dots when the NOW screen is attempting to open and load on the new NOW rebrand update. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I haven't ... hoped it might resolve itself with the box being inactive overnight. I can't just randomly switch off my router, unfortunately, since I need it to remote in to work ...  I will try that during my lunch hour, though.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

In the mean time just try switching off the power to the Youview box and leave the Router running.

Then power up the Youview box and see if that brings the NOW App back to life.