cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nashmills2
Mentor

YouView 50 FPS with Boost fixed?

Has the 50FPS problem been fixed on YouView boxes now as I am no longer getting the red banner at the top of my screen? I ask because I have been waiting to switch back to using mine.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Nashmills2 

Rebooting my Youview Box made no difference, so i would say NowTV is still Stuck on 25fps with a Boost Pass when watching the six channels that can play at 50fps.

Checked both Sky Sports Cricket and Sky Sports Golf where it's definitely still 25fps (also had the four spinning coloured buffering circles when watching these two channels over the course of 10 minutes 😠).

I am lucky where i can fall back on my NowTV or Roku devices to watch the six sports channels at 50fps (though being a big Rugby Fan i would ideally want all Sky Sports channels at 50fps).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Nashmills2 

Still showing 25fps for me on my Youview Box.

i will try a power reboot on the box, but i doubt that will make any difference.

My guess the NowTV red banner service is not currently working on their website for some reason.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Nashmills2 

Rebooting my Youview Box made no difference, so i would say NowTV is still Stuck on 25fps with a Boost Pass when watching the six channels that can play at 50fps.

Checked both Sky Sports Cricket and Sky Sports Golf where it's definitely still 25fps (also had the four spinning coloured buffering circles when watching these two channels over the course of 10 minutes 😠).

I am lucky where i can fall back on my NowTV or Roku devices to watch the six sports channels at 50fps (though being a big Rugby Fan i would ideally want all Sky Sports channels at 50fps).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Still got the issue i'm afraid. That's at least 3 months now maybe longer this issue has being going on? It's ridiculous! 

Nashmills2
Mentor

I've just noticed the red banner has disappeared again. Is it fixed now?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Nashmills2

I haven't used my Youview box today but when I checked on the 24th of November it was fixed.

See my two latest posts in this recent thread below. 

Let your eyes be the judge. 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Sky-Sports-back-to-25fps/m-p/548232#M12389