cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

You view box

I have a bt you view box recently purchased which came with now tv built in I can watch the movies fine and decided I would add the entertainment pass the app will only let me view the movies and not entertainment although I can watch both passes on my stick upstairs and on my mobile devices tried updating and logging out numerous times please help I don't want to move my stick up and down stairs when the app already exists downstairs 

11 REPLIES 11
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

At the moment you can only watch on demand movies via the NowTV App on a BT YouView box.

This is going to change sometime later this year (no date confirmed yet) where BT & Sky / NowTV have agreed to add entertainment, sports etc onto the BT YouView boxes.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am trying to log into my now tv account on my flat mates by you view box is that possible? 

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Usually. It’s just an app like any other.

An exception is if he has BT TV, and has arranged to get NowTV though them. But if not, you should be able to log on on your own account.

Have you tried this, and encountered some difficulty I can help with, or are you just checking before trying it?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yes he has bt tv. I tried to log in with my email and password I use when online but says it’s not allowing it.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Thanks, I’ll add that to my list of differences with NowTV on YouView boxes depending on whether you get it from BT TV or not.

I presume he doesn’t just have BT TV, but he actively has NowTV on it, via BT?

If so, you can watch his Passes, unless he hasn’t got the ones you want.

I have a little travelling pack of Stick and remote in my man-bag for just such eventualities, normally when visiting mates (pre-COVID) who hadn’t got NowTV, but now I can see it could be useful in circumstances like yours.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
He doesn’t have a now tv account, but I do. Does my stick have to be plugged into the tv in order for me to log in via his tv. He just has BT TV
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

That’s puzzling, or would be if the default state of a NowTV setup was that it worked, instead of the current mess it seems to be in.

So - we have a YouView box, subscribed to BT TV, and it has the NowTV app on it, and no account associated with it.

Thats my setup, except I don’t have BT TV, although I do have BT as my ISP. And when NowTV on my YouView box finally got Entertainment support (the NowTV app has always been there, but was Movies only, which I didn’t bother with) I just signed in with my existing NowTV account, and away I went.

As far as I know, BT TV and NowTV don’t interact unless you subscribe to NowTV via BT TV. (Though I suppose they must, as if you try to use NowTV, it will need to check if it is subscribed to via BT TV or not).

I wonder if you have found a bug in this process?

How, and where, exactly, does the sign in fail?

And no, you shouldn’t need your Stick, as the NowTV app is on the YouView box and that should be enough.

It’s just that if you are locked out of the app on the YouView box for some reason, known or unknown, you can plug a NowTV Stick in the TV, and completely ignore the app on the YouView box.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

just seen this message while searching for the same problem.  Do we know if this is the same with the Talk Talk you view box?  Would be nice to watch entertainment on the tv rather than another device.

Thanks

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The information is still a little sketchy at the moment with regards to if Talk Talk and Retail Youview boxes will also get the NowTV App update (similar to the BT / Sky cross supply agreement).