cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
starman73
Elite

Will chromecast work after 15 July?

If the chromecast counts as two devices, namely the mobile and the chromecast itself, will it work when you can only stream on a single device?

NOW: 18+. UK only. Streamed via Wi-Fi (min speed 2.5Mbps). NOW Memberships stream in 720p (or 1080p if you have NOW Boost). Requires broadband/3G/4G (charges may apply). Register up to 6 compatible devices and watch on 2 at the same time until 14 July then only 1 thereafter (3 if you have NOW Boost). Chromecast counts as 2 devices.

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73 

if you cast to the television first, before hitting play on your mobile casting device, then it should count has one stream.

Should you hit play on your mobile device before casting, then this would flag up that you have more than one stream running on a non Boost account.

starman73
Elite

Not exactly customer centric is it?  Reducing streams looks like an own goal.  Will be interesting to see how active help forum gets from 15th July onwards...

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @starman73 

Even though i have a Boost Membership primarily for 50fps playback on my Sports Membership, i do feel disappointed by the news from NOW that they have decided to reduce the maximum streams from two devices to one for non Boost Membership customers.

Gray1
Mentor

I see that NOW TV (Sky) have not given an answer.

Its is ridiculos that using Chromecast couts as 2 devices. Next when I get home, and try my chromecast, if it doesnt work I will cancel all my Now Tv , enetertainemnt and sport.