cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Why NOW tv still 720p ? why fake promises of 1080p in media

Thousands of you still use NOW tv has anybody question, why they still stuck on 720p picture quality where whole streaming world already moved to 1080p at 50 fps atleast, many examples are in front of you BT sports, Netflix, Amazon n Kayo sports (AU) etc . Its utter shame that NOW tv is still do fake promises of 1080p at 50fps since 2018 which i believe not gonna happen till 2020. satellite tv time is our apple tv, smart tv apps are way to watch tv now a days.  Thinking of NOW tv and 720p just makes me frustrated and no official ready to give reply on this. 

24 REPLIES 24
Anonymous User
Not applicable

was supposed to be in play late 2018 never happened now speculation is before new Premier League starts. They are testing it at the moment but 5 will get you 10 there answer would be down to internet speed.Which is total BS they are using that excuse for Sky without a dish they claim minimum speed required would be 65mbps which having spoken to Sky engineer is pure white wash.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

When was this fake promise of 1080p at 50fps made? Have you a link for that? 1080p has been promised but 50fps has only been speculation on the part of us users of the service.

@Anonymous User 

65Mbps? Whoever told you that hadn't a clue 😃

Sky X in Austria (Sky delivered over the internet) only requires 10Mbps for HD streaming https://www.broadbandtvnews.com/2019/03/04/sky-without-cable-or-satellite-sky-x-launches-in-austria/

@Anonymous User  Don’t hold your breath, I have previously asked for a link to that claim more than once but none has ever been forthcoming

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@dr_necessitor 

I didn't think that claim could be backed up. It wouldn't be the first time someone has popped up on this community trying to stir things with false claims of one thing or another.

I’ve said it before (more than once, I’m saying it again now and and no doubt I’ll be saying it again in future) - it may only be a 720p HD stream BUT it does seem to upscale nicely on my 55” Sony 4K tv.

I like to think that the time that I have spent on fine tuning the settings has made a difference.

Beauty (or in this case Picture Quality) however is very subjective! One person’s beautiful PQ can be another person’s rubbish PQ...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Excellent post @dr_necessitor I too have spent time tweaking my 55 inch Hisense to get the most out of NowTV and am very pleased with the result.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

With no offence, I think you still have not experienced of streaming any sports at 1080p 60 fps. I got 8k 75inch Samsung q900r tv which is known for best upscaling in market currently. Belive me 720p now tv looks very bad on it, where as Kayo sports (Au) or Bt sports look incredible at 1080p at 60 fps. I am amazed how everyone people are still ok with paying and get less like 720p as its 2019 now. 

720p looks very very bad at 65inh or 75inch TVs. I feel sorry for people who are still paying them for this 720p rip off. fake news 1080p coming soon from last two years. What a joke. for sure i am not the only one who feels the same. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

You are just making yourself look silly now. In the UK it"s 50fps, not 60fps, so don't know why I'd be keen to watch at 60fps 

"Fake news" you say, are you Donald Trump viewing sports in the US at 60fps? 😂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User 

Yes you are right, I mean 50 fps. I believe 1080p 30fps even look great good. Recent example is tennis on Amazon. My point is they are over priced for 720p then these news coming they about to do 1080p from last one and half years.