cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White Screen when opening App on Smart TV

Up until yesterday (10th Apr 2018), everything was running ok.
Since then, when I load my Now TV app on my Smart Samsung UE48JS9000 all I get is a white screen.

I solved this the first time by completely unplugging the TV. When I plugged it back in and turned it on, Now TV loaded correctly and I watched a programme.
I then exited The Now TV app

Then a few hours later I had time to watch the next episode, so I opened the app again, and got the white screen again.

I don't want to unplug my TV every time I want to watch something on my Now TV app.

Also, it is a preinstalled App, so my TV will not let me delete it and reinstall it.

I am also on the latest version of the app.

Has anything changed since 10th April that will cause this ?
Was there an update that has caused this ?

Has anybody managed to find a way around it that does not include unplugging the TV?

Thanks in advance
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the Samsung UE55JU6500.

I too get the blank white screen when I open the NOW TV app. 

I have found that if I access the NOW TV app after locating it via the ‘smart hub search’ it will work just as other users have described when they press ‘exit’ on their Samsung remote, blank white screen for a second, then the app loads as normal.

Not ideal, but preferable to purchasing a NOW TV stick.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

On a 9000 series Samsung - only use the "normal" remote and we have the white screen of death anyway.

Going to try the exit and restart thing to see if that sorts it out in a bit.

It is really getting annoying!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Great advice WORKED for me!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm getting the white screen too but more annoying is that subtitles no longer work! Not much good when you are partially hearing... well done to whoever rolled this update out!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I removed both the TV Devices from my list a while back, and it is still only giving me a white screen when I use the Smart Remote.

My device list only shows the Now TV box I have, and my phone. Nothing else, so only the 2 devices active.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I get this problem too. Have worked out by exiting the app and re loading it it will work. Plus when I pause mid way in a program and return later it does t register where I bookmarked and either resumes at the beginning or an earlier point in the program. Tried chatting on web chat but issue not resolved.

CONDOR
Advocate

On LG Televisions.

Go into LG Content on the Smart inputs.

Go to apps

Then my apps

Scroll to NOWTV

Then launch from there.

That seems to reset the original app.