cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White Screen when opening App on Smart TV

Up until yesterday (10th Apr 2018), everything was running ok.
Since then, when I load my Now TV app on my Smart Samsung UE48JS9000 all I get is a white screen.

I solved this the first time by completely unplugging the TV. When I plugged it back in and turned it on, Now TV loaded correctly and I watched a programme.
I then exited The Now TV app

Then a few hours later I had time to watch the next episode, so I opened the app again, and got the white screen again.

I don't want to unplug my TV every time I want to watch something on my Now TV app.

Also, it is a preinstalled App, so my TV will not let me delete it and reinstall it.

I am also on the latest version of the app.

Has anything changed since 10th April that will cause this ?
Was there an update that has caused this ?

Has anybody managed to find a way around it that does not include unplugging the TV?

Thanks in advance
26 REPLIES 26
roberto1959
Scholar

This is happening to me on my Samsung, and it looks like a glitch with the app. Quite annoying when trying to watch a live event. I wonder if now tv will fix this soon?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Follow the advice from avg1. Use the exit button on the remote. It will work exactly as they say it will. Great post and thank you very much
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for getting in touch with us here at NOW TV.

We’re sorry to hear about the issues you have encountered with your Samsung Smart TV.

In order for us to investigate this further, can you please provide the following information so we can report back to our tech team;

• TV Model Number
  • What happens exactly
  • If you can, please post a video of the issue
  • Are you able to let us know when this issue happens
  • Do you receive any error messages at all
  • The firmware of your TV, which can be found in Settings > About
  • The NOW TV App version which can be found in the Samsung Store

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable
My TV is a U448JS9000

The TV is currently on version 1530, the current version.

The Now TV App just tells me it is on the latest version, whatever that is.

The Issue is in regards to opening it up with the Smart Remote Control

Basically, you ...

Click on the Smart Hub button on the remote

Click on the Now TV App

TV goes White

To get it to work, I then have to get the normal remote control, click Exit, then open the Now TV again from that remote. It loads up, but with a few white screen flashes.

It looks like that when you updated the App, you did so with the normal remote control in mind, but NOT the Smart Control.

No video required, as it is a white screen when opening the App from the smart control. All you would see is the App being clicked, and the TV going white.

Regards

Gary
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve been getting this exact problem the last few days on my Samsung UE55JS8500

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Sorry for the issues you continue to encounter with NOW TV on your Samsung device. 

We're actively looking into this issue and we're just after some more information. 

Can you please let us know what IP Address your Smart TV is connected too and can you also let us know what happens when you try to launch BBC Iplayer? 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi,

I have a 65" JS9000 9 Series Curved SUHD 4K Nano Crystal Smart 3D TV and have the same issue. My TV is upto date and other apps such as Amazon Prime, BBC iplayer are all working well. Please help resolve this issue.

Thanks,

Narayanan

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

A member on here reported this morning that they had success with resolving the white screen bug on the nowtv app on their Samsung Smart TV by going to My Account > Manage Devices where they had two identical Samsung TV device listings and by removing these two devices on their list seemed to have sorted it for them.

More info here which might not be relevant in your particular case,

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Blank-white-screen-on-Samsung-tv/m-p/468570#M6009

If you Manage devices does show two duplicate Samsung TV's and you can't delete both of them due to one device swap per calendar month, then have a word with live chat on the link below and ask them to remove the Samsung TV devices on your account.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too had problems last week with the app on my Samsung Tv.

There must have been an update  as it told me to re login.

I did , then was informed I had too many devices, so I then had to remove it and then re add the device which was anoying.

The app on the tv does work but the subtitles don't appear now, despite the option selected.

Not happy at all and I sent a message  via Facebook page to Now TV.NOT EVEN A RESPONSE 😞

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Sorry again for this issues you have experienced with the NOW TV app on your Samsung TV. 

Can you please let us know if you are still experiencing the white screen issue? 

If you are can you let us know if nothing happens after the white screen loads up? Do you see a constant spinner? 

Thanks, 

Karl