cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

White Screen when opening App on Smart TV

Up until yesterday (10th Apr 2018), everything was running ok.
Since then, when I load my Now TV app on my Smart Samsung UE48JS9000 all I get is a white screen.

I solved this the first time by completely unplugging the TV. When I plugged it back in and turned it on, Now TV loaded correctly and I watched a programme.
I then exited The Now TV app

Then a few hours later I had time to watch the next episode, so I opened the app again, and got the white screen again.

I don't want to unplug my TV every time I want to watch something on my Now TV app.

Also, it is a preinstalled App, so my TV will not let me delete it and reinstall it.

I am also on the latest version of the app.

Has anything changed since 10th April that will cause this ?
Was there an update that has caused this ?

Has anybody managed to find a way around it that does not include unplugging the TV?

Thanks in advance
26 REPLIES 26
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Further to the above.
I'm seeing multiple TV devices for the same TV in my account.
I've deleted all bar the last one, but it still gives me a white screen.

I am not at my device limit
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to say my Samsung TV has started doing this too - same model as OP (J Series 9000)

Sounds like a bug in the update... anyone from NOW TV monitoring this??

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sounds like a bug if there's more than one with the same issue on the same TV
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am having the same problem on my smart tv.  How can I repair this?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just wanted to share an update on this - so I tried reseting my Samsung SmartHub via the TV settings, this cleared the issue however its more than a bit annoying as you have to reenter your account details for any apps you use (NowTV, Netflix, Amazon...).

So this fix lasted about a day until I tried going back into NowTV this afternoon and again presented with the frozen white screen - nothing happening at all. Rather than attempting to reset my settings again I played with the remote and just hit the "Exit" button on the black Sammy remote. This seems to force the app to actually quit and I was returned to the regular TV channel I was watching. Went back to the NowTV app and it loaded sucessfully second time round - you still see the white screen for about a second but then the little wheel shows up and the NowTV app loads.

My guess is the updated app is a bit glitchy, sometimes the app will hang with a white screen, other times it will load without fault. If it hangs try hitting the Exit button on the remote whereby it should return you to TV mode, afterwards try and load the app again and hopefully it will behave - this seems to work for me so far...

Good Luck!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks the exit button technique worked for me with the white screen problem, had tried the other solutions but it kept coming back. This seems to work again and again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I will give this a try.
It will be interesting to see if you have to do this every time you switch the tv on.

My way of unplugging had to be done each time
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Clicking on the Exit button on the normal remote works for me as well.

So it looks like I need to use the normal remote until this is fixed, as the smart remote can not pass the white screen either way.

It's not a fix, but a work around at the moment.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I don't even get a white screen on my series 6 TV. It comes up "now TV loading" with the circles spinning for a few seconds and then goes back to the main screen. Been like it since the update, tried resetting smart hub and everything... Dunno what else to do 😞