cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DEVONPRINCESS
Scholar

Where’s Catch Up on Apple TV?

Hi. I have just changed from the now tv box to Apple TV. I used to use Catch Up but cannot see any catch up options on the Apple TV? 

5 REPLIES 5
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@DEVONPRINCESS Welcome to the community. It's a while since I've used the Apple TV app but I'm pretty sure the Catch Up section isn't available on ATV. Unfortunately you'll find that the ATV NOW TV app is lacking in many features that are available on other devices - no My TV section with your Watchlist and Continue Watching sections for example so you need to keep searching or browsing manually for content you want. The ATV app hasn't been updated for a very long time and there are many ATV users on the forum who've complained about this, but NOW TV so far haven't updated the app or made any comment on whether updates are planned.

Whilst I appreciate it's not ideal if you still have your NOW TV box I'd personally recommend setting that back up just to use for NOW TV, otherwise you'll get frustrated in the long run using the ATV version.

DEVONPRINCESS
Scholar

Ah ok. Thanks for the reply. That’s a shame, I find the now tv box easier but feel I may be in my husbands bad books if I plug the now tv box back in because of how expensive Apple TV was! We recently bought the Apple TV box because we mainly wanted to download and buy 4K movies, I didn’t realise the now tv wasn’t as good though. I can’t plug the now tv box in aswell as apple tv because hubby says we are using all HDMI sockets already. Might have to try and see if I can get used to Apple TV. 

DEVONPRINCESS
Scholar

I just had an idea - I could maybe buy now tv USB option on the tv instead of the box? Do you know if the USB one has catch up etc on it? 

DEVONPRINCESS
Scholar

Nope - ignore me. USB is HDMI.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @DEVONPRINCESS

If you haven't got enough HDMI ports on your TV then maybe look at investing in a HDMI switcher hub which you can pick up around £10 on places like Amazon, EBay etc.

My Apple TV is gathering dust in the cupboard due to the nowtv App is so outdated compared to the newer looking App on other devices which have been given a modern refresh update.