Where are the genres

I have just got a cinema pass and watch on apple tv
Where are all the genres and films
It only shows horror and Disney !?
29 REPLIES 29
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

The 'scrolling window' style UI that you guys see on your Apple TV devices has been designed and is controlled by an Apple approved 'third-party' company, not NOW TV.

So when-ever NOW TV change their content and genres (which is very frequently), the information is submitted to the Apple approved 'third-party' company for them to incorporate within their swanky Apple TV UI. All of which is out of NOW TV's direct control...

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Genres have been missing for close to a week now & even when clicking all movies just shows horror? We can't even access the children's films on genre. Please fix This asap!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

under the genre list on movies, only horror is displayed and all the rest of the genres are missing.
I've checked for updates and restarted the Apple TV, but to no avail.
Any suggestions?
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Mine is the same. 

Tried on new applet tv and an older one and they both just show horrow and disney.

even tried re-installing the app and it makes no difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yep same here, only movies and kids stuff, there is a GENRES link in the main menu, but u cannot select it.

As above its and Apple issue, although it's in NOWTVs interest to get it sorted because people will cancel their accounts in Apple TV is their primary viewing option.

For people with more than one option, this might mean using up one of your device changes in order to watch NOWTV on another device - which I should imagine is unfair.

Tony-D
NOW Team Member
NOW Team Member

HI Guys, this has been escalated so should be fixed soon enough 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Understand that by sound of it this is not yourfault, but cannot keep paying for something that I cannot use.

If not sorted in a few days will have to cancel.

If you are going to make changes that will break AppleTV display capability for your service you need to sort out with them a way to make sure this does not interupt our service.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Only two genres from the movies package are showing on Apple TV (Disney and Horror). Selecting 'All Movies' option will only show all movies from the 'Horror' category.

Current NOW TV app running on latest Apple TV device and tvOS.

Please help!?

P.s. Someone need to do something with the layout of this tvOS app, it's terrible for navigating!
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately it's a known problem that NOW TV are aware of, but there,s no timeframe for it being fixed at the mo. As a workaround in the meantime you can still search for a particular film and watch it that way. You'll find a list of available movies here

https://watch.nowtv.com/movies/explorer

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yay it seems to be fixed 🙂