cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When will now TV be 1080p

Hi

I have cancelled my subscription for two reasons, no offers for existing customers and the other is I got fed up with poor sound and picture washed out as not 1080p.

When will now TV be 1080p as I thought it would be by November 2018 as promised. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

look like its not happening till next year. if its happened anytime soon then sky q bussiness will be killed badly. then there will be no reason to have sky q when you are getting now tv in 1080p or 1080i. Having it on apple tv would be additional charm.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

I remember reading somewhere we will have to wait until sometime in 2019 to get 1080p

Anonymous User
Not applicable

look like its not happening till next year. if its happened anytime soon then sky q bussiness will be killed badly. then there will be no reason to have sky q when you are getting now tv in 1080p or 1080i. Having it on apple tv would be additional charm.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

but SkyQ allows 4K content which is its biggest selling point surely? Not sure how NowTV streaming in FullHD would affect anything but the standard SkyHD box, if anything.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Apart from the multi tuner recording, large storage, slick interface, ability to pause in one room and play in another and 4k. Im giving up sky Q because its too expensive but i'm under no illusion that Now TV is the same product if it has Full HD.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi. I've just joined NowTV with the new 4K box. I've been putting off joining because of the 720p streaming, but my Onkyo receiver reports that the input signal is 1080p. This was when watching a movie on Cinema. The picture looked great using our projector and was definitely true HD! The sound, however, was stereo. Excellent quality, but still stereo. Entertainment was only being received in 720p.

Do you think Sky have started streaming in 1080p on Cinema, but keeping the sound quality down?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi
I think the quality has improved I use the app on the TV and the quality is definitely better than it was I contacted now TV and they could not confirm the picture quality, when I play through Sonos it's saying 5.1 surround but think that's misguided when you compare to Netflix or Amazon.
I recently read that they do intend to upgrade sound and picture soon and possibly add more channels
Regards
Fellapb
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I read that as well that's why I would like someobe from now tv to reply to my post to confirm if not this why not