cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When Will the NOW tv app be fixed on Samsung smart TV's ??

Hi all I know this question has been asked in a round a bout way since the update on the 10th of May basically broke this previously working app on my 2017 Samsung UE40MU6400 but as of today 1 June it still isn’t working and to be fare I have paid for twenty days of so called service that I have not received! I have gone through all the options to get this app working again on my TV but none have worked, I noticed that there were a few posts with various forum members saying the same regarding their Samsung TV's would not start the NOW tv app but the activity on those posts has stopped so could I ask has anyone got any positive feedback from NOW tv or are they just not bothered in fixing it?

Thanks,

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply I will check the other apps (which I havnt) to see if they work if not I will be on to Samsung to sort it out, so much for (not so) smart tv's 

cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's an absolute joke it's coming upto 1 month now since I've been able to use now TV on my Samsung 40mu6120. Guess they don't care.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, thanks for sticking with this thread and sorry to be the bearer of bad news but guess what ALL our 2017 Tizen dumb TVs have a virus and need a new motherboard!!!!!!!!!!!! Another poster on this thread mentioned that they have been intouch with Samsung and under their warranty have had the motherboard replaced, now whether this is indeed a virus or just some messed up code that was pushed in the last round of updates is open to interpretation, if you would check if either the iPlayer app still works or the My5 app both mine don’t work anymore and that is another sign. But if you google Samsung and iPlayer app not working and look for the thread on Samsung’s own forums there are many like us with the same problem. 

Not sure if I can post a link to another website but here goes.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV-Audio-Video/BBC-iPlayer-Not-Loading-Error-02001/td-p/341915/p...

The above explains about the "virus" and what is required to get it fixed.

Just got to contact who I bought the TV from as it has an extended warranty and I dont want that to be invalidated if Samsung get their mits on the TV to change the motherboard so if anyone else has an extended warranty when they bought thier TV,s best checking,

Cheers

Anonymous User
Not applicable

well I have a NU7400 and the NowTV app is not available to select, it simply is not there. Is there a work around?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi its been couple of days now cany get into NOW tv app on Samsung tv which is smart yin well just keep getting this message UNKNOWN Page Error something's not right. Give it a moment, or check the internet connection... i have back out of it took App off tryed it all again and still get this message on screen can any one help or is it the case cancel my subscription