cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

When Will the NOW tv app be fixed on Samsung smart TV's ??

Hi all I know this question has been asked in a round a bout way since the update on the 10th of May basically broke this previously working app on my 2017 Samsung UE40MU6400 but as of today 1 June it still isn’t working and to be fare I have paid for twenty days of so called service that I have not received! I have gone through all the options to get this app working again on my TV but none have worked, I noticed that there were a few posts with various forum members saying the same regarding their Samsung TV's would not start the NOW tv app but the activity on those posts has stopped so could I ask has anyone got any positive feedback from NOW tv or are they just not bothered in fixing it?

Thanks,

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’m in the same position as you, as must be others. There is absolutely no response from Now tv. Really poor, I don’t think they care!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ditto.  DEVS PLEASE FIX THIS. 

Ue50mu6120 Is my model no.

hurry there are films I want to watch.  Dare I say breach of contract, or are you trying to force us to buy your usb stick?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for replying to this thread, I to think there is a breach of contract as we have paid our money for them (NOW tv/SKY) to supply ourselves with a means of watching their services and in not doing so must be in breach regarding consumer laws but I am no expert! After a few days of this happening I recalled that I had bought a now tv box (the old white one) as it was cheaper buying that at the time than just getting a 3 month pass ( the box come with a 3 month pass included and was heavily discounted) so I thought "until the tv app is fixed I will set up said box and watch that way" guess what it would not connect to their services after it was updated, so call me a cynic but are we being pestered to buy SKY or a newer box as it has been more than 3 weeks without service! And without sounding like I am ranting on did anyone notice that the NOW tv forum changed not long after the 10th May (i.e. day zero when the app went up that smelly creek without a paddle!) where it used to show a sub section for smart TVs it now no longer has that. Strange that.

Cheers all for looking at this thread and replying.

Lindzi
Elite 2
@Anonymous User
I have done the same, abandoned the Samsung app and gone back to Now tv black box (which annoys me as now I have to put up with trailers on a paid for service)
No support whatsoever from now tv reps on the forum and I noticed that they have specifically posted that this is not called a 'help forum' anymore so does that mean they are not bothering posting responses to customers from now on?
Very poor from now tv and the worst tech team in all streaming land
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I’ve got a Samsung tv only a few months old. The now tv stopped working, just got the now tv loading screen with the blue circle. Also the bbc iPlayer app would open but when you tried to play anything you just got the circle going round and then an error message. The Samsung engineers have changed the motherboard and now it all works. They said there is a problem with some Samsung TVs and this is the only way they know to fix it, so if your still in warranty I’d get onto Samsung about it if it’s the same problem as I’ve had. There are apparently a couple of other apps that won’t work, I think my 5 was one.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I now get the same thing with mySamsung TV. When I load the Now TV App from SmartHub, it is a pure white screen

I did see a forum post that said to go into your account and then "Manage Devices" to see if the TV is duplicated. This was the case so I deleted one of the two and it startd working. Now, not working at all even if I delete the TV as a device completely.

This is poor and needs addressing. I've gone for the 14 day free trial of the movies but to be honest, if this is what it is going to be like, no thanks Now TV!

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi... I’m also in the same boat! There are other breads on here and someone posted an email from nowtv saying that it was a problem Samsung’s end and they were working to fix it together... though this was a week or two ago. Really not good enough at all.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, not sure that it is Samsungs problem at all as if you look at the details of the app it was updated on the 10th May by Sky tv/Now tv and all the other apps work just not this one !

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah mine also worked up until the update, same with the bbc I player, they updated around the same time. Maybe you’ve not got quite the same issue as I had, but that’s what sorted it for me.