cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

What is the best way for me to view HD content?

Hi

I'm trialing NOW TV because of the content, I thought it could maybe replace Netflix or Prime. 

I'm trying to work out the best way of viewing HD content.

I have a Sony smart tv 2019 model, various Mac computers and an Apple TV 4K.  All I seem to display is content in no higher quality than 720P. I can't even find an app for the TV. 

Thanks. 

Simon. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at your list of kit, nothing supports the HD Boost Pass for 1080p playback 😠.

Take a look at this

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Looking at your list of kit, nothing supports the HD Boost Pass for 1080p playback 😠.

Take a look at this

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for answering my question so promptly. 

Looks like it's going to be a short trial, 720p is a bit too low. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Yeah if you don't own anything on the linked list then you are stuffed in the short term 😠.

Also forgot to mention that Sony Android  Smart TV's don't currently offer the native inbuilt NowTV App on them 😡.

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User I agree with you.

I have the Boost pass for the same reason in that I dont like the lower resolution content.

I am frustrated at the limited number of platforms that support the Boost function.

Try a PS4 if you have one.  That supports it.  Or, a NowTV stick or Box are pretty cheap and they support it too.

The AppleTV4K is a bit of a hot topic around here... as the app on there is embarrassingly useless and is  4.5 years old without an update - so of course boost isnt supported there either however it is expected that the app will finally be updated sometime this year and if we are lucky will also support boost.

Of course you might not be willing to try another platform, or if you do you might not be willing to pay an additional £3 per month for the privilege of 1080p.  I have to say that on a supported device, the 1080p picture is pretty good and worth the boost add-on (arguably it should be free and 1080p should be the standard minimum as all the other streaming services seem to manage it).