cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watchlist disappeared

I suddenly have no access to my watchlist when using Now app on my samsung smart TV. It does still exist as I can still add to it, I just can't see it. I can still access it if I use the app through my samsung tablet. I have only had this issue since the look of the home screen changed, which makes me think Now have caused this problem. Is anyone else having the same issue? So far all the solutions that Now have come up with have not resolved the issue.

31 REPLIES 31
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Are you able to delete and reinstall the app?

You could try unplugging both TV and router separately for a minutes.

The app updated across all my devices and I’ve not had any issues with the watchlist. However I don’t own a Samsung TV. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

My watch list has also disappeared from my Samsung TV app. I’ve tried asking for help on the web chat but they’ve said “My TV” is only supported on IOS devices. Surely that can’t be right?! Thousands of people have a Samsung Smart TV.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Try clearing the cache on the TV.

https://www.windowsdispatch.com/clear-app-cache-cookies-samsung-smart-tv/

Worst case set your TV back to factory settings.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 I’ve done everything you can think of and nothing works. It’s only been a problem since the app updated on the TV. It’s obviously an issue with the app that’s causing the watch list to disappear, as I can see it on my iPad.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Very odd, and highly frustrating! 
Perhaps if you don’t want to deal with live chat all the time you can take pictures and send it to customer support. Let’s face it, the watchlist is for EVERY device including smart TVs.

Address in the picture below.

A693137A-1F3D-4782-81E6-FDD9D977FC23.jpeg

Hope you get it sorted!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

A few Samsung Smart TV customers have experienced this in the last week or so.

Here's another example on the Community Forum.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Entertainment-Kids-Shows/No-watchlist-on-Samsung-tv/m-p/566281 

Sorry i can't offer any suggestions to fix it, but when my Watchlist disappeared a couple of years back it automatically returned in a few days without me doing anything.

I think the NOW live chat advisor might be getting confused with downloads which is only available on mobile IOS and mobile Android devices.

From my understanding only the old NOW App on Apple TV didn't support My TV, but the newest App has added this.

therealhakdaddy
Scholar

Having the same issue with the LG app on my tv watchlist has vanished

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@therealhakdaddy 

You can try to delete and reinstall the app or to set the TV back to factory settings (which may or may not resolve the issue).

Or it could be a random glitch as mentioned above and will randomly resolve itself.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Gone on both my LG TVs, still there on my Apple TV. 

I watch so little on Now now as I can’t stand to use the UI -but they’re still getting my money so who cares 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Just got to wait out that HBO contract, I guess.