cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomas

Watching sport on demand or rewind

Am I missing something or is it only possible to watch sport live only with sport membership? It is hard to believe that you can't rewind watch it on demand via official app.

14 REPLIES 14
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tomas 

Not sure if I have picked you up right. 

You can pause and rewind live TV only on certain devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/now-features

You can pause and rewind the live TV channels for up to 30 minutes with any of the supported devices below: 

• All NOW devices (NOW Smart Stick, NOW Smart Box with 4K & Voice Search, NOW Smart Box with Freeview, black NOW Box) 
  • All Roku devices
  • Apple TV HD (4th gen) or 4K
  • BT TV Box (rewind for up to 2 hours).

Regardless of live or on demand content if you’re planning on watching any sports. Then you must have a sports membership, either day or month.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sports-membership

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Tomas
But you have to have exactly those devices? What about mobile phones? I
have Sony Android TV and installed now tv app. I can't really understand
why do I have to buy some hardware I don't need.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Tomas 

Why do you seem to think that I work for NOW?

For your information I have an iPhone, iPad, Amazon fire stick and Sony Bravia TV. So I am in the exact same boat as you. 

F1Jon96
Advocate

@gavs82008 Just to clarify.  Live pause does not work on Apple TV even though Now list it as a supported device.  I have 2 Apple TV 4K's and while pressing pause will stop the stream it will not resume from where you paused but jump to live.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@F1Jon96 

That’s because since the Apple TV app update for NOW last year the live pause functionality was removed. So it is now an even more limited number of devices for that feature. 

If you open the link from the post it’ll show you the new list. 

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Tomas you can certainly watch on demand content on an Android TV or mobile device.

Go to the tab at the top of the screen that says 'Sports'. On the next screen, go to the bottom row of tiles and click on 'all channels'. You can then click on the relevant channel to see all the on demand content from that particular channel.

Alternatively, click on the sports tab and then go down 4 rows where you'll find a row of tiles for each specific sport. Click on any of those and the next screen will have all the on demand content for that sport with more sub categories.

skystillcrap
Advocate

@Tomas most other apps rewind on all the devices we have. Why not Sky. I hate this company. Irrationally?  Maybe. Also their HD seems woollier than others. I turn off the sound or switch to watch something else in the betting company ad breaks. Parasites. See my user name.

RoyB
Legend

@skystillcrap 

You are on the wrong Community then. This one is for Now.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
skystillcrap
Advocate

@RoyB They are owned by Sky. I'm confident there's no technical reason this isn't possible, it's an anti-customer marketing choice.