cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Watching freeview no internet

Hi I don't know if this the right place to post this I am waiting for my internet to go live and I want to watch freeview channels from my now tv box ( the little black 1) and I can't seem to find how to do it can I get some help it would be appreciated
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Thought that might have been the case when you mentioned the small nowtv black box.

Some bad news the nowtv standard black box (second picture) doesn't offer the Freeview channels on it, you can only access the four main terrestrial TV Apps such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5, Plus other Apps but you will need the internet working Smiley Sad

To watch live Freeview you will need the nowtv smart box (first photo) plus a TV aerial connected to the box to access the over the air Freeview channels and would still need an internet connection to setup the box before using the Freeview TV channels.

A quick question doesn't your TV have an inbuilt tuner to watch the Freeview channels and is the TV connected to a TV aerial ?

Also when is your internet going live,where hopefully you haven't got a long wait ?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Firstly are you using the nowtv smart box like shown in the first picture below or the std black nowtv box shown on the second picture ?

NOW-TV-SMART-BOX-WITH-REMOTE-1024x536.jpgl_10136497_007.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for getting back so quickly it's the second box
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Thought that might have been the case when you mentioned the small nowtv black box.

Some bad news the nowtv standard black box (second picture) doesn't offer the Freeview channels on it, you can only access the four main terrestrial TV Apps such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All 4 and Demand 5, Plus other Apps but you will need the internet working Smiley Sad

To watch live Freeview you will need the nowtv smart box (first photo) plus a TV aerial connected to the box to access the over the air Freeview channels and would still need an internet connection to setup the box before using the Freeview TV channels.

A quick question doesn't your TV have an inbuilt tuner to watch the Freeview channels and is the TV connected to a TV aerial ?

Also when is your internet going live,where hopefully you haven't got a long wait ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thank you =( Thursday it goes live my Ariel broke during the move
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Is there a fixed TV aerial in your new home or are you going down the indoor portable aerial route if you are still interested in watching Freeview or maybe looking at an alternative option rather than Freeview or won't bother with over the air TV ?