cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RDH
Mentor

Watch Now TV on Sky Q+ box

I have a Now TV account but not a Sky account nor a dish.  Can I watch Now TV on the Sky Q box through the internet.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RDH 

That’s the point. You can’t watch NOW on any Sky devices, you need Sky TV for using a Sky box.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @RDH 

Nope.

Have a read of this on what devices are supported.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

RDH
Mentor

Thanks.  I have looked through the list of devices but Sky box is not listed.

redchiz1
Champion 2

I am a wee bit puzzled why you have a Sky Q box without a satellite dish? That's the only way they can receive a signal I'm afraid. 

nst
Elite

Also, the SkyQ box is rented and has to be returned to Sky when your contract is up.

You wouldnt have a skyQ box unless you had a dish at some point and didnt return the hardware.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Technically. There are other means of getting them though, but let's not embarrass the OP any further. 😉

RDH
Mentor

The Sky box is not listed on this.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RDH 

That’s the point. You can’t watch NOW on any Sky devices, you need Sky TV for using a Sky box.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RDH
Mentor

Thanks.  Saves me lots of time trying.

RoyB
Legend

@RDH 

You can’t watch anything without a TV in the equation somewhere.

What make and model TV have you got? Is that listed as a device you can watch Now TV on?

If so, sorted; but if not, a Roku Express or Amazon Firestick, both under £40, plugged into a spare HDMI socket on the TV, will bring you Now, and a cornucopia of other apps,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.