cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Warning App Version 4.4 Build 353 Breaks

Now TV app has just updated to 4.4 Build 353 on Roku Streaming Stick Plus.

This has occured on 3 of the same device tonight on different accounts (mine and friends)

It breaks resolution switching - so if your device is in 1080p (which this stick would be for all apps) it no longer performs a sync correctly and end up with only a 1/3 of the screen used. Setting the device to 720p is better but not correct, and who is going to change device settings each time they want to watch now TV?

Had a 30 minute chat session with support but could make them understand the issue, they just said to get the stick replaced (even though I told them I had replicated the issue by  a friend force updating his app through the Roku update system)

Hopefully someone a bit more technical will pick up on the issue at NowTV, otherwise the Roku Streaming Stick Plus is not longer good for NowTV (unless you want to watch in a small window)

Image of issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue that you have encountered. 

I've been informed that we should be rolling back this update overnight, but you can get round this now by performing an update to your stick manually. 

Can you please perform an update and let me know how you get on? 

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl,

App has reverted back to 3.12 build 132 and all looks good.

Please don't let them break it again for the Christmas period 😉

Darren

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi all mine is fixed as well thanks for the updates