cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Warning App Version 4.4 Build 353 Breaks

Now TV app has just updated to 4.4 Build 353 on Roku Streaming Stick Plus.

This has occured on 3 of the same device tonight on different accounts (mine and friends)

It breaks resolution switching - so if your device is in 1080p (which this stick would be for all apps) it no longer performs a sync correctly and end up with only a 1/3 of the screen used. Setting the device to 720p is better but not correct, and who is going to change device settings each time they want to watch now TV?

Had a 30 minute chat session with support but could make them understand the issue, they just said to get the stick replaced (even though I told them I had replicated the issue by  a friend force updating his app through the Roku update system)

Hopefully someone a bit more technical will pick up on the issue at NowTV, otherwise the Roku Streaming Stick Plus is not longer good for NowTV (unless you want to watch in a small window)

Image of issue

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue that you have encountered. 

I've been informed that we should be rolling back this update overnight, but you can get round this now by performing an update to your stick manually. 

Can you please perform an update and let me know how you get on? 

Thanks, 

Karl

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've also got the same issue the Streaming Stick Plus. Fine on Tuesday after watching 3 episodes of Babylon Berlin. Turned it on last night and the picture is now in a small box in the left hand corner of the screen.

I did notice that before the app updated the NowTv icon on the homepage said it was 'trial'. That's when I initially noticed the issue. I then when into system update and the new version of the application was installed, but it still has the same picture issues.

Must just be affecting the Roku sticks, the update to this version has not caused this issue on Roku 2. Also, from reading a previous comment in this thread, wondering if a trial version of the app has inadvertently been released to a wider audience of devices than planned?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous User

'Like I said a compromise but it solves the problem until Now TV supply a correct update.'

That like what I said in my first post. A workaround/compromise but not really acceptable - try telling my 80 year old mother that she needs to switch resolutions to watch things properly. 😉 - it is not as though NowTV is a free service on the Roku, we are paying money for the service.

The problem is that the Now TV chat say this is by design so they will not look at the issue. She clearly told me they only supprt 720p devices and nothing that outputs a higher resolution.

Now, I am hoping that is just a non-technical frontline person, but I still cannot find a way to escalate this issue to someone who actually can do something about it, so how do we get the right people to see the issue for what it is, and prove to them is it not  a hardware issue?

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Guys, 

Thanks for letting us know. 

I've passed this on to the relevant teams that shall look into this issue. 

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this may have caused, as soon as I receive an update I'll make sure I post in this thread. 

Thanks, 

Karl

Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All, 

Thanks for your patience while we look into the issue that you have encountered. 

I've been informed that we should be rolling back this update overnight, but you can get round this now by performing an update to your stick manually. 

Can you please perform an update and let me know how you get on? 

Thanks, 

Karl

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl,

i have just updated  my Roku and the problem has been resolved as you said it would.

Thank you very much for your help.

Mina

Anonymous User
Not applicable

From the very beginning I have been lied to and deceived and even accused of being ignorant and stupid by Forum 'helpers' replying to my initial message for help.

The only 'useful' help I got was being told to take up the BT package.

The callcentre staff are unhelpful and dismissive and borderline rude. All in all, without going into detail yet again, I have been thoroughly disheartened by the experience.

The final nail in NowTV coffin, they emailed to say Covid19 is to blame!! Yeah right!

nst
Elite

No offence, mr @Anonymous User whats your issue here and how does it relate to a thread from 2017 that youve responded to?

Are you suggesting this Roku issue that was rolled back and fixed in 2017 has reoccured with a new build?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Sorry, it got posted in the wrong place!
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Karl,

Will test tonight when I get home and let you know.

Just like to add that great support on the forums, just wish your online chat people were a bit more on the ball and less script driven. - Thanks you you directly for your assistance.

Darren