cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Viewing Stopped - Something's Gone Wrong.

So I've been having this issue on my device now for over a week and it's really starting to get frustrating. 

Whenever I choose to stream to any of my 3 Chromecast devices from my mobile app I just get the 4 spinning circles in the middle of the screen.  Although the app says it's connected, when you try to play any of the content you just get a message saying:

"Viewing Stopped - Something's gone wrong. If the problem persists, please contact Online Support Team".

If however I don't cast to the Chromecast, the content will play with no issues, but I really don't want to be watching a show or a movie on my phone, that's the whole reason I bought a Chromecast.  Plus when I want to sit and watch a film at night with my partner, you can't exactly do that on a tiny phone screen.

I have tried lots of different things to remedy this, including:

• Restarting the Chromecast
  • Trying a different Chromecast
  • Tried a Different streaming service (which works fine)
  • Logging out and back into my NOWTV account
  • Restarting my Router
  • Restarting my phone's wifi (although non-casted content works fine on the wifi)
  • Restarted my phone
  • Downloaded the NOWTV app for my PC, which works but there's no option to cast to Chromecast

I'm kind of out of things to try here and would really like some support as to how I can resolve the issue.  I've read numerous posts on the forum of people having the same issues both recently and in the past, although there doesn't really seem to be any definitive answer as to "do this, this and this and it will start working".

Please, if anyone can help I'll be most greatful 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok so reading more threads on the forum, it seems that it's something to do with a conflict between the Chromecast and the Google Chrome browser (how odd).

The post suggested closing Chrome on any devices (PC / Laptop) and then trying to cast.  I tired this and can confirm it resolves the issue and I'm able to cast to the Chromecast device again (see link below to the original post)

Seeing as this is the workaround, I'm not sure if it's a Google or NowTV issue, but I'm sure NowTV are investigating at their end.

Original Post - https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Chromecast-not-working/m-p/541121/highlight/t...

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok so reading more threads on the forum, it seems that it's something to do with a conflict between the Chromecast and the Google Chrome browser (how odd).

The post suggested closing Chrome on any devices (PC / Laptop) and then trying to cast.  I tired this and can confirm it resolves the issue and I'm able to cast to the Chromecast device again (see link below to the original post)

Seeing as this is the workaround, I'm not sure if it's a Google or NowTV issue, but I'm sure NowTV are investigating at their end.

Original Post - https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Set-top-boxes-Smart-TVs/Chromecast-not-working/m-p/541121/highlight/t...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It's on my mobile where I am having this issue. How do I put this issue right on my mobile?