cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using existing account on new Samsung TV

Just bought Samsung TV that supports Now TV app. I already have Now TV account and passes but this is not recognised by the app on Samsung? Do I really have to set up an additional account and buy another voucher?!

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:

Just bought Samsung TV that supports Now TV app. I already have Now TV account and passes but this is not recognised by the app on Samsung? Do I really have to set up an additional account and buy another voucher?!

In what way not recognised?

What does it say when you try to log in with your NowTV account details?

Have you set up internet access for this TV, and do other Players work, e.g. BBC iPlayer?

Have you hit your limit of four NowTV devices or already hit your limit of one change per month?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Royb,

Thanks for your help.

It says that the username and password combination are not recognised.

No, I have not reached the 4 device limit.

My voucher expires shortly. If I can work out how to cancel the auto renew,
I guess I can just set up a new account and link my other devices to it!
RoyB
Legend

Well, as you are posting here, you must have signed in with your correct account details here.

But if you are anything like me, you have your browser remembering passwords, so you only have to type that out when logging on to NowTV on the TV.

What I normally do in a situation like this when I think I know what my password is, but the logon screen doesn’t agree with me, is reset it; you can do that in My Account, here, and then try the new one, which you can now be sure is correct(!) on the TV.

A few further thoughts; issues I hope you have avoided, but for completeness.....

(i) Passwords are case sensitive; A is not the same as a

(ii) If you can, and no bad people are watching you input it, use password reveal so you can be sure you are typing what you think you are typing

(iii) Samsung TVs like you to set up a Samsung account. I’m not sure if they insist; but make sure it is the NowTV logon you are setting up, and not the Samsung thing....

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks Royb.

Yes, I reset the password to be sure I was using the correct one.

I don't think it was the Samsung account as basically I downloaded the Now
TV app on the TV and it asked me for either my logon details or to set up a
new account. I selected the former.
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User wrote:
Thanks Royb.

Yes, I reset the password to be sure I was using the correct one.

I don't think it was the Samsung account as basically I downloaded the Now
TV app on the TV and it asked me for either my logon details or to set up a
new account. I selected the former.

And it still doesn’t work?

We have NowTV on our 2017 Samsung 32in TV, and have no trouble logging on, though we now use a Stick since the TV app doesn’t support subtitles (what did they do to the sound in Westworld such that no matter how loud you turned it up, you still couldn’t make out the dialogue?).

Best talk to NowTV on Chat about this then, as it may be something they need to sort out with Samsung.

AAMOI, what exact model of Samsung TV is this? Telling us that might let someone with the same set try it and see how they get on.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Thanks again for your thoughts. The model is a UHD 7 Series model number
UE43NU7020KXXU.

I tried setting up a new account via the NOWTV/SAMSUNG as prompted. It
didn't work as NOWTV recognised my email address. OK for 14 day free trial
but when I tried to use it on the TV I got one step further, it asked for
the robot prompt which I entered and it then said username and password not
recognised. Grrr. I will contact NOWTV as you suggest as I think the
problem is Samsung.