cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Using Roku Express With Now TV

Over the past year I drifted away from Now TV together with  the box I used to use.

I now have a Roku device Roku Express 3900EU and can see the Now TV app in the available apps list.

I recently checked my Now tv offers and am thinking of coming back to Now tv entertainment.

However the "blurb" in the terms and conditions of the offer appear to imply that only certain Roku devices are supported !

As I want to continue  using the Roku unit I was wondering if there will be compatibility issues.Can anyone advise please ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That seems to be an old out of date small print with your email offer, where it doesn't mention all NowTV supported devices.

I don't think Roku LT is supported anymore (might be wrong).

If you don't want to risk it on what has been said that Roku Express is a NowTV supported device.

Then if you want reassurances from NowTV themselves, then maybe send them an email asking the question directly.

Use the email address on this screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Roku Express is supported using the NowTV App in the UK 😬.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I looked at the webpage you mentioned and I cannot see anything for Roku devices , let alone the Roku Express.

Can you copy/paste where it says this device is supported or where it says all Roku devices accepted.

If required I can copy/paste my invitation email where it says only selected Roku devicves are supported and as far as I could tell the Roku Express is not mentioned in the list.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

If you expand the set up boxes section you'll

see this about half way down. It says all Roku models. 

2nd or 3rd generation Apple TV are no longer supported. You can continue watching if you've already got the NOW TV app installed, but you'll need to create a NOW TV account to manage your Passes. Find out more

• Roku boxes and streaming players: All models
  • Chromecast
  • BT TV Box
  • YouView box.
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you are based in the UK and are a NowTV UK customer then the NowTV App is available to watch on your Roku Express (I have a Roku Express and Roku Stick Plus which both plays NowTV).

Here's a link below to Roku UK website and you can see all the various channels (Apps) available on Roku in the UK including NowTV.

https://www.roku.com/en-gb/whats-on 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I can now see it says on website all Roku devices supported but how come in my invitation email for a reduced cost subscription it has a specific part dedicated to the Roku:

NOW TV: 18+. UK only. Streamed via Wi-Fi (min speed 2.5Mbps). NOW TV Passes stream in 720p (or 1080p if you have NOW TV Boost). Requires broadband/3G/4G/5G (charges may apply). Register up to 6 compatible devices and watch on 2 at the same time (3 if you have NOW TV Boost). If you only have a Sky Sports Mobile Month Pass and no other NOW TV Passes, you can only watch on 1 smartphone at a time. Chromecast counts as 2 devices. You can swap 3 registered devices a month. Some shows aren’t available live and/or on some devices — see show availability information here. Shows are available on catch up for at least 7 days from date first shown. Roku LT, XS or 3 and UK account required to watch on Roku. Ongoing monthly prices and channels subject to change. Searching for the small print? Get clued up on our full T&Cs here.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

That seems to be an old out of date small print with your email offer, where it doesn't mention all NowTV supported devices.

I don't think Roku LT is supported anymore (might be wrong).

If you don't want to risk it on what has been said that Roku Express is a NowTV supported device.

Then if you want reassurances from NowTV themselves, then maybe send them an email asking the question directly.

Use the email address on this screen shot below.

youdoodle-2020-05-11T14-12-50Z.jpg

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think reading the terms again that seperating "Shows are available on catch up for at least 7 days from date first shown. Roku LT, XS or 3 and UK account required to watch on Roku". It looks like     Roku Express is  supported but just not the above function.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

The Roku Express has the same NowTV content and leaving dates or returning dates has any other NowTV supported devices.

Comparing against the NowTV Stick for example the only features that are missing on the Roku Players is NowTV Bonus Sports Streams, 30 minute live TV pause and a stripped down limited amount of Sports on Demand content compared to some other supported devices.