cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Karl-F
Community Manager
Community Manager

Updated home screen!

We’ve made a few improvements to our home screen on some devices, so you can get to the shows, movies and sport you love even faster.

You can check out our new home screen on these devices: 

Happy watching,

NOW TV

53 REPLIES 53
Anonymous User
Not applicable

since this new look of yours is terrible and loads are hating it and even suffering with slow performance.. here is a suggestion Smiley Tongue

watch your own nowtv 2018 advert!! Smiley Wink

why you ask... as that is a look i wouldnt mind my nowtv UI actually looking like, you advertise nowtv looking like that when in actual fact it looks nothing like it and instead is a utter mess Smiley LOL

Link to your own advert - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgtOGh4T9mI

With the NOW TV Smart Stick, you'll never have to fight over what to watch again. Get thousands of movies, shows and Box Sets, from loads of amazing apps, including BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, All4, and NETFLIX. https://www.nowtv.com/smart-tv-stick Find out what else is available on NOW TV by ...
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Laggy, takes longer to get to live tv and greater difficulty to find anything.

2 generations ago it was ok, the last one was better/quick/stable. This latest version is awful.

Maybe try it out with a small population of customers and get their feedback?

Was the final nail and I’m not renewing.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Time for my two pennies worth

I actually think the new UI would be quite good on LG TVs. If full support for the magic remote with their because I feel it would work well with the magic remote pointer/mouse . However, at the moment only basic support is there, which means you have to use the arrow keys.

What I don't understand is that for magic remote support was there in previous versions of the app, so why has it been removed now, especially when the new UI would suit the magic remote very well?

Some people have said the new UI is leggy. I would have to disagree with this on the old UI when you highlighted the different pass sections. It would try to load that section automatically without you pressing select on that section. This would sometimes cause the app to lack especially when trying to get to the my account section. This doesn't happen anymore because it doesn't I load anything new unless you press select on the highlighted item,  I personally find this UI to be less likely overall than the old version

I think it would be a good idea to have my account button within the  search and options menu.

@Karl-F

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I to find the fact the magic remote was supported and now is no longer supported  infuriating.

When I pick up the remote the pointer appears..... then you can't click on anything while it's on screen until you've pressed an arrow key.....arrrrrhhhhHHHHH

I also am lucky enough to have a 300mb ftth connection and I still have to wait watching a blue screen for at least 30 seconds before it starts to play a blocky 

Image that takes another 15 seconds to clear 😕

It's been a while and still no fix/ update

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Karl-F wrote:

We’ve made a few improvements to our home screen on some devices, so you can get to the shows, movies and sport you love even faster.

You can check out our new home screen on these devices: 

Happy watching,

NOW TV

I dont like new now tv app for lg smart tv that have red button for search & option it very slow. By add graphic to channel list make t very slow. Remove the graphic off channel menu to make it quicker to load. graphic make it slow

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ok to be fair there has been tweaks and it is stable and there is now the red button short cuts to the tv guide and search functions.

I do think the Genres buttons should be at the top of movies instead halfway down.

How about the remaining buttons for movies or Entertainment?

Just bought 12 months option for the missus.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I absolutely can't stand how long it takes to get into the app & start a live tv channel.

Since I mostly use it for live sky sports it makes it worse if I'm in a hurry to get a sport on.

It's absolutely a backwards step. The old layout was fine all that needed was a few bugs ironed out.

Also on the live streams, even at maximum stream quality, the way the picture compression works seems to be giving a more washy picture in the way of colour bleed & motion blur. I don't remember it being as bad in previous versions. I'm noticing the colour bleed on footie games a lot more than in the previous version of the app.  Maximum stream quality is now only 4830 when it used to sit on 4865 (Samsung TV) 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Doesn’t sound good.

Have you put your TV in sports mode so it doesn’t try to add tweaks and blurs fast sports?

Delete the app, turn telly  (mains) off and add the app again? Ethernet or 5ghz WiFi? Less interference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I always use ethernet and set all picture enhancements to off, and nothing has changed in my setup - it's 100% the app update that's made worse the things I mention. Raging because it's always the same - users with slightly older technology are always crippled as the updates are always aimed at users of the most recent hardware.

I wouldn't mind if i had the option to stay on old app version but with tvs there is usually no choice

Anonymous User
Not applicable

My Father was using the app, it was sluggish on his 2015/16 TV and he hated the new menus.

Amazon Prime and  reflux menus fly like a rocket on his TV and 1080p.

NowTV needs to listen to its customers if it wants retention. There’s always plenty of new fish out there... they hope!