cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Updated Samsung NOWTV App is a new device?

Hi,

Just started NowTV app on Samsung smart TV and it looks to have a new UI. Fair enough - we'll call it progress.

Except I tried to watch the cricket and it's forgotten my credentials. OK, it's a bit of a pain to re-enter them as it's a unique string of letters, numbers and characters generated by my password app, but again once it's done it's done. (And at least it wasn't my wife trying to watch when my password app and I are busy at work)

Except I still can't watch, as it appears the new App is considered by NowTV to be a new "device" and I already have 4 registered: the "old" app (which was working fine yesterday), plus two PCs and my phone.

In theory I should be able to delete the old app in "manage devices" and it'll let me start watching on the new one, but ...

1) ... what if I've already done a device swap this month? Will I be unable to watch on the new app until June?

2) ... what if I've not already done a device swap, but want to swap a different device later in the month - I'll presumably have used up my device swap for this month by switching to the new app!

Can someone figure out how to get the new app to work without needing/using up a device swap?

Rob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Contact live chat and explain to them what's happening and ask them to remove the Samsung TV from your device list on your account, then if you start watching some nowtv content on your Samsung TV, then your TV should be added automatically to your account device list with the newer version of the nowtv App.

Here's a link below for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User

Contact live chat and explain to them what's happening and ask them to remove the Samsung TV from your device list on your account, then if you start watching some nowtv content on your Samsung TV, then your TV should be added automatically to your account device list with the newer version of the nowtv App.

Here's a link below for live chat.

https://help.nowtv.com/contact-us/managing-my-devices

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps,

Thanks for the suggestion (and thanks also to Kabir who sorted it out by clearing my device list out for me).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

The app on my Samsung mu7000 updated to the new version and isn't logged in any more, username & password not recognised... deleted the TV from my devices list,  still not recognised, reinstalled the app, still not recognised...

After putting in my email/password it goes to a verification page, then tells me the username or password is not recognised... they are not being entered incorrectly, been through it too many times to get it wrong and can log in fine with same details on the website 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just spoken with one of your webchat people, their solution is change your password, this worked for me, albeit annoying having to log in everywhere again...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

(same story as above for us, too)

Our Samsung TV has just updated the NOW TV app (Smart Hub)...tells us to sign-in again...so we sign in...now it tells us we can't watch anything because we already have 4 devices signed in...

I KNOW!!! One of them WAS that TV! 🙂 

I don't want to remove one of the other three devices to try and add-back the TV, that's a pain - and I shouldn't have to, it's already on the list.

The other three devices (two old white boxes, one black Smart box) also seemed to have an update this week, but now work OK...

So what's up? Poorly-tested app update?

(I'll try the password change idea and also then try webchat to get device list cleared - thanks for those suggestions)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I’ve had a similar problem
and live chat were unaware and of no help
roberto1959
Scholar

On your Samsung TV remote, press menu, select smart hub, choose reset smart hub. You might have to sign in to your apps again, but it worked for me... and other apps with niggles are working effortlessly.