cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

I just install the iOS version of their app to see if I could use to track My TV as it were. Which of course isn’t in the tvOS app. 

Anyway I’m watching Cobra, next episode to watch is episode 5. The iOS app says next episode is 2 and I’ve only watched episode 1. 

Hmm... Looks like the whole service is half baked to me, even the updated app doesn’t reflect correctly what I’m watching. 

My current offer voucher ends in two weeks, NowTV sent me an offer saying next 6 months will be £3.99 a month.  I would take this up, but not with the NowTV tvOS app as it is. 

Looks like Disney+ will be getting my money, not Sky TV!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

@MrZippy if this helps... ive ditched a full blown SkyQ record service for NowTV.

I needed a facility to be able to track when the next available episode is ready to watch.

As you'll know from AppleTV the TV app is very useful for this and incorporates the BBC, ITV, C4, C5 and Amazon shows.  Annoyingly it doesn't work with Netflix.

I think its far too much to expect full integration from the mythical NowTV TVOS app (when it appears)...though that would be amazing.

However if its of any consolation the NowTV watch next function works *most* of the time but not all... I dont know why it doesnt sometimes, but the the TV TVOS app is also a bit unreliable... but not so much as to be unusable.  I think its mainly down to metadata supplied from the channels.  For example im watching SciFi's Blood and Treasure, and it still insists that episode 1 and 2 are the next episodes even though I watched them... first!  But they seem to be labeled as later so keep popping up - you learn to ignore that.  Again its just metadata that is incorrect.

I would encourage you to write to NowTV customer services and tell them that you need the new TVOS app to be able to continue subscribing.

I think that the more people make them aware that we are waiting the better.  They are ignoring the Twitter approaches now!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

If there not responding to direct twitter questions or general then a complaint needs to be lodged. They are they as a social media platform to give information To us. I personally had to send two direct messages because the first one didn’t get a response after 36 hours. Complete joke the management from top to bottom not communication with there staff as was clearly pointed out when someone was told by nowtv customer services that there was no plans for the nowtv Apple app, when there clearly is and was told off Twitter. So if nowtv management don’t communicate with staff is it little wonder we are ignored. If anyone has a LinkedIn account and has the option of direct messaging a person may I suggest the nowtv ceo Maria Storti. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Advocate

I responded to another thread on this earlier, as I’m baffled by the fact Now TV haven’t released the new app yet, having tested it a year ago and it being near perfect. Now I see in this thread that it is available on Ireland - I may just create an Irish Apple ID and download it 

as an aside, I notice BT are now offering NowTV bundles with their broadband, there will be a fair few people who will want to use it on an Apple TV that will be very disappointed when they see the ATV3 version of the app 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

So was the app you tested actually any good
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

@Dean0989  I was a long term beta tester of that app. It was on a par with the NOW TV app on Roku, but lacked integration with other providers’ content at the highest level. Very useable though and a vast improvement in the “current” public version.

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

Shame we won’t get to see it for a while
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert

Well my current offer ends on 3rd March so they have 5 days to sort this, or bye bye until I decide to have a binge of box sets again. 

I note they seem to update their app monthly and it’s been a month since the last update.  We can only hope they enable the tvOS side of the app in the U.K. with the next update. 

Positive side, if they still don’t sort this then it will save me the offer £3.99 price a month. Result!

Vote with your feet!

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

So the monthly update is soon then I take it. Will wait and see what happens if no movement I think I wil also have to look elsewhere. 

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 2

My concern, @Techuser_73 is that we are almost past a point of "hope" now...

What I mean by that is although I am certain the app will be updated... and have been certain for a long time given the situation with Ireland and Italy (theres basically NO technical reason why this is not rolled out to the UK)... I am bored of 'oh surely by x date'

I thought before Christmas, then someone mentioned January 20something... and of course Christmas came and went and so did January.  February is now over in 1 days time and STILL no update...

So whats the rush for them I suppose..... whatever the reason is for the delay there seems to be no discernable deadline for them and it languishes in oblivion until such time as they deem it appropriate to press the button to release it in the UK store.

Those who are waiting... or "giving it another week" or suchlike... I feel are going to be disappointed as it looks like NowTV are going to take their own sweet time!.

Having said that... I do wish that someone would officially address the situation, and someone who knows what they are talking about from NowTV release a statement telling us when we can expect the situation to change.  Then... people can make an informed decision as to whether to succumb and purchase a £20 stick... (horrible slow interface too)... or wait it out.

One thing I do know is that my AppleTV is great - i love it and used it as my daily TV box - and I long for the day I dont have to faff with tv inputs and remotes when I want to watch any Sky content.

0 Thanks