Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dean0989
Scholar

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

We can only hope
andreia88

Hi everyone, is there a chance to get Now TV app for my Apple TV 4K? 

i live in Italy and I don’t see it on the Apple store, neither is possible to airplay it 😑

0 Thanks
RoyB Legend 5
Legend 5

@andreia88 

NowTV is UK and IE only. 

A user who has set it up in the UK can roam in Europe for 30 days, but has to show some UK/IE usage after that before getting another 30 days.

I am not aware of any methods by which a user in Italy can apparently pop up in the UK (cough).

If my posting answered your question, please click ‘Accept Answer’
If you liked my posting, please click ‘Thanks’.
If you disagree with my posting, say so below, and I will see if I need to mend my ways 🙂
0 Thanks
Gizmo
Advocate

I think Sky's focus has changed. They are now talking about a "future TV platform" which is, most likely, a variant of Sky "X" which is a streaming only platform. Looks like Sky are using their "Q" platform to ready the necessary streaming apps (e.g. just added BBC iPlayer). Once ITV and Channel 4 are in, they will be ready to go. Bye Bye, NOW TV

0 Thanks
Dean0989
Scholar

It would just be nice to be told what’s going on
0 Thanks
waldopepper
Mentor

Yeh, this is I dunno.. my yearly check-in to see if the Apple TV / Now TV app will ever be updated to start catching up with where everyone else was a few years ago?

I remember someone from NowTV saying last year that they hoped to have 1080p resolution by the end of 2018, here we are at the end of 2019 with no news. Or have I missed anything?

Also unless I totally binge entire shows at once, not having the ability to know which episodes we have already watched is incredibly annoying (lack of MyTV list), we always waste a few minutes starting up episodes to see if we have already watched them (if it's been a while since we last watched). Consumers shouldn't really have to consider if it would be less effort to just torrent Sky TV shows, not pay for this service and enjoy higher resolution.

Simonpaddy1
Scholar

Am now in the *really* great position where I have to choose between low quality streaming on the Samsung app, or having to hunt down every new episode on the Apple TV app. 

It shouldn't be this hard to use a service I pay for...

0 Thanks
Mallett94
Mentor

See this announcement =>

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost

NowTV Boost Pass has now been launched.

1080p & 5.1 Dolby digital surround sound on almost all NowTV channels.

Sky Sports Main Event and Premier League also benefit from 50fps.

You also get to watch on 3 devices at the same time compared to the normal of 2.

My concern is that no where on the supported devices section of this boost pass announcement does it mention Apple TV 4K being either supported or unsupported. It's simply just ignored.

waldopepper
Mentor

Thanks. You have a few extra characters at the end of your link 🙂 https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-now-tv-boost

So finally we get HD, but we have to pay extra for it?! Is it £3 overall, or £3 per pass? That's if this ever becomes available on AppleTV? NowTV just keeps getting less and less attractive.

Also is NowTV not already 5.1? It mentions it here like it's new.

I would love to learn more from their website but their NowBot chat thing hasn't got any info about the Boost feature yet. Nice one.

0 Thanks

It's a flat £3 charge that covers all your passes.