cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Hooba
Scholar 3

@Anonymous User Oh yeah, decent speakers make a huge difference. My second TV uses an AppleTV 4K and a pair of HomePod minis - sound is really good even as 2.0. Main TV is AppleTV 4K (latest model) and a pair of full size HomePods - that sounds really good. Second TV I use AppleTV Now app. Main TV I access Now through BT Box Pro (5.1) and Arc that into AppleTV - Homepods. Very impressive. Good job we are detached ... !

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Hooba 

I will probably add a subwoofer to the set up after christmas make it a proper 2.1 set up for a bit of base not going add a center or rear speakers though. 

Shminky
Mentor

I once again experienced 5.1 sound from OnDemand. Wonder Woman 1984 (wife’s movie choice not mine) was definitely outputting 5.1, I could hear it plus my Sony system displayed the output as so. Not sure what is happening with other people, every episode of Dexter: New Blood also outputs as 5.1 via OnDemand for myself. 

Popeye13
Scholar 2

So its possible they've finally flicked that switch and stopped messing AppleTV users about.

I notice that i don't get DD if i tune to a channel thats currently on an ad-break, or Sky Sports News / Sky News, unless i've previously tuned to a channel with DD (Usually Sky Cinema Animation)

nst
Elite

Nothings changed for me 

still only 2.0 for on demand stuff. 

Shminky
Mentor

Can someone test Wonder Woman 1984 on demand and see what output they get? Hoping somebody else can get 5.1 and confirm I’m not going nuts. 

Ab76
Scholar

I’m afraid that the Sonos app says that I’m only getting Stereo PCM for Wonder Woman 1984 when streaming it from on demand. 

The Sonos app says I’m getting Dolby 5.1 when I watch a live movie though. 

nst
Elite

@Ab76 

Exactly the same for me.

No change.

Shminky
Mentor

Very strange. I just tried Wonder Woman again and I am still getting Dolby 5.1. Also tested Jurassic Park and Godzilla Vs Kong with both being Dolby 5.1. The start of Godzilla Vs Kong was very obvious to my ears it was Dolby 5.1 from that intro, my Sony system also displays as Dolby 5.1 on all. I don’t understand how I am able to get 5.1 but others can’t. I recently changed my HDMI cables to the latest hi speed versions but I’m sure others also have the same. There’s no obvious settings within the Apple TV itself that may need changing either. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That is strange. I tested watching Wonder Woman on demand too, but it's definitely stereo for me. The icon says just stereo. Actually what does the icon show for you when you click on the film's details? Does it actually state 5.1 for you?