cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Or use Clubcard vouchers whilst they’re still available. My kids pass is on an offer and paid for with Clubcard vouchers. So free!
AlexB83
Scholar 2

I am surprised some would think they wouldn't charge full price for boost despite it missing 5.1, a number of devices don't support 50fps (which for some reason people never mention) yet they still charge full price for that. I also don't think boost is a terrible deal, to get an extra sky go stream with sky Q is £5 and to get hd is £5 plus you can watch it on TV in multirooms which is also sky multirooms. I've just got a fire stick to watch it on my LG TV because of the frame rate and the Apple TV is on my second tv. Also I would say that I have never once paid full price for a now tv pass due to various offers.

Now I'm not saying that 5.1 shouldn't be there or the app couldn't be improved but I'm actually more optimistic about the future of the app and I would pay the £3 boost for 50fps to watch F1 as that is such a huge difference

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ah OK weird, the Pause button now works for me, didn't yesterday at all!  Tapping doesn't work for me but at least the button does. Thx

ReadyPlayer2
Scholar

The deals just come through from NowTV via email.  I got 3 months half-price sports just in time for the start of the F1 (obviously then moved to full price for the rest) and just now got the half-price movie deal in time for Christmas.  

I'm sure it's obvious to Sky that NowTV subscribers are in it for the flexibility over anything else (as otherwise, you'd go SkyHD/Q presumably?) so I just make the most of cancelling my subscriptions until I get a good offer through.

ReadyPlayer2
Scholar

Not always!  Cancelled sports and NowTV pretty much said "bye sucker - you'll be back..."

And they were right. 😂

AlexB83
Scholar 2

Is there not a £25 a month deal for 6 months offer for sky sports on the front page of now tv? I did this as my existing offer was coming to an end and worked ok for me 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AlexB83 

Indeed, my sports deal came to an end and only got a new deal by using the “offers” section on the main page

https://www.nowtv.com/offers

49FEEB4A-1865-4AA0-9B90-83FC8B3AADCC.png

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I have a 5.1 set up (Dolby Atmos capable) and NOW TV have sent me a NowTV
cinema offfer that £5.99 a month for 6 months but there’s no chance I’m
taking the offer without 5.1 sound.

It’s bad enough slumming it with 720p picture and stereo sound on the
entertainment pass but I refuse to watch films without 5.1 sound. It’s too
much of a compromise and films sound empty and lifeless without 5.1 sound.
nst
Elite

@AlexB83 

As one of those "some" i'm equally surprised that you think we should be content to pay for something and to get not the full set of features.

I agree with you, 50fps is also a missing feature on some platforms.

The key difference here is that there is a technical reason why those platforms cannot support the 50fps - processor power or speed etc etc.  I would go so far as to say that if you do use an older platform then you should not be surprised at its limitations.  There is literally NO reason the appleTV cannot support a 5.1 soundtrack and its omission seems suspiciously arbitrary frankly.

... with that logic you are suggesting that someone should buy a brand new car and be charged full price with its wheels missing.

I am not disputing or debating the boost pass value for money, usefulness etc - I am however irritated at missing out on 5.1 when it is quite able to be supported on the platform.... and also NowTV's hiding of this fact by continuing to label content with the 5.1 tag and hoping that people wont notice.  That is indefensible.

As @Anonymous User  quite rightly mentions.. if you have a 5.1 sound system then you really do want your content, particularly movies to have that 5.1 soundtrack - especially in 2020!  As much as I struggle to understand NowTV's logic in providing boost with 1080p but NOT 5.1, I appreciate that a lot out there don't care depending on their sound setups.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

I think we have seen this all year though that platforms have got certain features and others haven't we. 50FPS lack of support or bonus stream lack of support or 5.1 with AppleTV though even if it did have 5.1 support i would prefer the app on the firestick i picked up the last few days.

I hope in 2020 they start to converge the platforms so it's not just select platforms that get all the features for example the full rollout of sports on demand which will happen early next year.