cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Mikeaj96
Scholar

Opened a thread about this this morning, however it appears to have been removed.

Waiting for it to roll out to NOW TV Devices.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It’s the full package although as for 5.1 I’m not sure as I can’t get surround sound. Just a quick look through it seems a lot better than the ATV version. Even gives you a stream quality in the top right hand corner of the video bit rate.  Also one for certain now is that this will get regular updates too. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mikeaj96 

The Amazon Prime Video App has already landed on my NowTV 4K Smart Box this morning 😀.

Good timing for me because the Amazon Prime Video App is currently broken on my Philips Android TV where it is not out putting HDR on HDR content.

Mikeaj96
Scholar

@schnapps 

Nice! Hasn’t appeared on my NowTV Smart Freeview Box yet, have restarted a couple of times. Will keep an eye out for it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Mikeaj96 

Will check my NowTV Smart Freeview box in the next hour or so.

If my memory serves me right the NowTV Freeview Smart box was slower to rollout the Spotify App compared the other NowTV branded devices (hopefully this is not the case with the Amazon Prime Video App).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I think the rollout is only going to be firetv devices and fire stick. 

Hooba
Scholar 3

The NowTV Boost FAQ says Boost available on: 

• Amazon Fire TV Stick (2nd & 3rd Gen, 4K, Lite & Basic Edition)

I assume that 5.1 is supported as the FAQ doesn't say otherwise (whereas for AppleTV it makes it clear that 5.1 unsupported).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

From launch the Amazon Fire TV devices that supports the NowTV App can be found in this NowTV article linked below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now-tv 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Hooba 

I don't own a newer Fire Stick (only generation 1 Fire Stick & Fire TV box).

Where the Amazon Fire TV Stick has just been added on the list on this linked article below on how to setup surround sound.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings 

nst
Elite

Wow.

Just.  Wow.

I mean.. about time Fire Sticks got NowTV... 

But to launch this will full Boost compatibility including 5.1... in the same week they launched the long awaited long beta tested AppleTV app that DIDNT support 5.1?

This is just mind boggling.