cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
AlexB83
Scholar 2

I think this is close on the horizon I just saw on twitter now tv help said iOS update is coming VERY soon and they actually typed very in capitals so I presume this is all going to coincide 

nst
Elite

if only we were waiting for the iOS update!

The TVOS one is the one for Apple TV

nst
Elite

me again.... just found that tweet from NowTV Help...

and the "VERY soon" they were being asked about was indeed the iOS app - and its use of spatial audio with AirPods pro.

So.. there is an update coming VERY soon to the iPhone app.

Unfortunately... until we get the universal app released.... this is irrelevant when talking about the AppleTV TVOS app.  A different thing.

AlexB83
Scholar 2

Yes I know that I meant it would make more sense to release them at the same time if they have got updates planned for both and about 3 weeks ago they did respond to a direct question about Apple TV specifically saying they hope to release it in a few weeks 

nst
Elite

sometime late august/very early September the same NowTV Help twitter account promised it 'in a couple of weeks'...

That twitter account does not know what its talking about!  (with respect).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@nst 

in fairness Red button has been on other devices for months and still hasn't arrived for the NowTV Boxes

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Like I said earlier maybe there doing stuff in the background to release all this stuff on the app when they release it, if they ever do.

And yes I know I’m just hoping here
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Agree. Add in a watch list too and that'd do for me.

Even though I've got the beta app I find it awful to use. It's just so
arkward to rewind in the beta app that I use the four year old app that has
native support for the Apple remote.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Tomorrow marks the 5th anniversary of the current app release! Maybe they’ll mark it with the app update, or it’ll be yet another day going by. Probably the second one.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
I agree, the new app looks pretty but the functionally isn’t good. But at least if pushed out as universal, as it is in Ireland already, hopefully it will be regularly updated and maybe they will get lots of feedback that it needs native controls and interface on tvOS.