cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nst
Expert 3

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

@MrZippy 

Its a shame really.. we are so nearly there.

Its so true that they favour other platforms and the AppleTV has been the lowest of the low for many years.

Almost on the other end of the scale.. we have the iOS / iPADOS app - this seems very well supported and is regularly updated - about once every couple of months or so.

So... once the TVOS app is sorted and its all rolled into one universal app (we can only hope common sense prevails here)... then from that point on we can hope that the TVOS app will get fresh updates as quickly as the iOS/iPADOS one (as its the same app).

This public release.. however... is taking way too long.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@MrZippy 

The build for the Irish app is 6.2.8 and was released on 24th August, it's been mainly bug fixes since I got the Apple TV this time last year with a lick of paint to the UI, not a single new feature. Whatever code branch this app is built has clearly been on maintenance mode since last year.

0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

6.2.8 is the build of the beta test app.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@MrZippy 

Haha well I guess they've got a lot to do to add all those promised features before Autumn ends!

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

So we have an email from the trials manager asking us to fill out a survey as there close to launching the app, surely that’s a good sign
0 Thanks
Simont90
Mentor

Looks like we are finally getting somewhere, hoping this all comes in ASAP. My Sky contract is coming to an end in January so I’m hoping to have timed this well. 

0 Thanks
Enapace
Expert 2

@Anonymous User 

To call it a survey is being generous I’ve had longer surveys by school kids. 

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Simont90

Best thing I did was get rid of sky q cost a fortune, just hope it gets launched soon as it really does save me a fortune every month and the deals they do to keep you are amazing, don’t think I’ve paid full price since I signed up two years ago
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Enapace

This is very true but I thought I would be kind as it looks like we are getting somewhere, so does everyone think the things that was promised will be available on launch or on a future update however long that takes
0 Thanks
MrZippy
Expert 2

Just done the ‘survey’ I listed all the issues like lack of 1080p as the reasons for my choice.
0 Thanks