cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Really you’d expect a full change log and known issues to effectively beta test this. Or bug tracking so you can view the status of a bug you reported. As said already what do we test, what is fixed?

Can anyone confirm that viewed episodes normally show viewed indicators on other NowTV platforms.

@Anonymous User  Re your post of 05/06/2020 @ 11:02

Totally agree with your points in paragraph 1!

Have been a long time participant (for many years) in many beta trials (of both tv & broadband products) for NOW TV (and also for Sky before that).

But - and it took me a short while to realise this way back, and I still find it difficult to accept - the expected role has never really been one of “testing” the product in the technical sense that anybody who has worked in IT or technology would have - they simply want folk to do “everyday use” of the product and feedback any issues found.

So, not as rigorous as full on testing. How could it be really? We don’t have any info about the spec of what they were trying to design & produce. Nor any brief as to anything specific to test. Nor any change log etc.

All we can realistically do is “use” it on a trial basis without any specific guidance as to what to ”hammer” (or re-hammer)...

(I say all of the above wishing it was not the case though)

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Then this is not beta testing! Beta testing is testing the software by end users in the real world. Beta testers should be informed of the fixes made to ensure they have actually been fixed otherwise your wasting everyones time reporting known issues that have not been fixed.

Given the history it seems the norm for Sky/NowTV to charge a premium for an inferior product. Given BTTV app offers nowtv access I am tempted to buy in to that if the BTTV software works better…..
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm sure its somewhere in the 90+ pages of this forum but how do i get onto the beta trial for the NOW TV apple TV app?

Thanks

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

@dr_necessitor 

I agree with you both in a hybrid of opinions.

Yes, we the recruited public are just dumb morons banging away at it, using it in everyday scenarios and hoping that if we come across something that doesnt work we will tell them

You'd have thought that the product to this point had been through rigorous test phases - though some of the issues raised are surprising.

But, if we are reporting specific issues then it stands to reason that if they have specifically fixed something then they should mention it.  Of course the other way of looking at is is that if they fix something that we have pointed out, then they will replicate that error themselves, and fix and test it their end so theres no need for us to re-address is at all as it should be done.

This seems to be the way this is going.  "here's a new version give it a go and let us know if anything doesnt work" over and over until they deem it worthy for release.

I remain disappointed about boost - as I probably cannot test it as they would like me to as unless I am looking for specific errors or scenarios then I will not be using it to watch my normal NowTV content as I pay for 1080p and this is not available yet on the updated app.

@Anonymous User 

Exactly!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've changed my mind about the swipe navigation being fixed. It's not. It's just weirdly inconsistent. Sometimes it seems ok, sometimes it's just awful. I've spent a load of time just swiping left and right, comparing it with other apps. It's really hard to work out why it feels worse than other apps, but it's definitely not right.

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I suspect a custom controller is being used as the default has 3D when you scroll around, why oh why don’t people just use the native UI elements.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Agreed, it’s stupid to do anything custom when Apple have provided an excellent default system. I’ve been comparing it with the Amazon Video app as that’s also custom. Amazon have done a much better job at this point. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I don’t like the Amazon interface, but it works better than NowTV. Native is best.