cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
nst
Elite

@Anonymous User 

You put that better than I did.. and im sure that @ukbobboy can see what the thread is about now.

Also, your last sentence perfectly encapsulates the problem that the AppleTV (set top box!) users are currently frustrated about.

Sky (NowTV) are responsible... and they are withholding it in the UK for some unfathomable reason.

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User  @nst  @Anonymous User 

Apple Guys

Thanks for clearing this up, it seems obvious that as the new (know nothing) guy in this thread I was taking about chalk and you guys were unified on cheese.

Just had a beer and listening to some dance music, so I feel better now and I'm a little more enlightened.

Cheers Guys

UK Bob

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes exactly right guys think there was some confusion there. Well I contacted marina Storti the MD of nowtv but no response bear in mind this was on Facebook. She also has a LinkedIn profile but you have to have premium to contact her.  No other place is there an email address of any sort. My guess is she got the message on Facebook and passed it down to Nadine who commented yesterday on here but that’s just a guess. Sadly we will be in the dark as to why nowtv will not produce an upto date app for appletv users. 

nst
Elite

I think we could all "understand" if there was no update to the AppleTV NowTV app at all...

We would then think that our AppleTVs were being dropped as a supported platform.. if not actively so then certainly passively.

However, the fact we KNOW that the AppleTV app has a new version - makes Nadine's reply look ill-informed at best.

It seems so simple to release this to the UK apple app store as they have done to Ireland and Italy...I just dont understand why.

Why cant "nadine" look into the subject properly.. and come back with something like "yes you are right we have an updated appleTV app that we have released elsewhere.  We are currently evaluating its performance before unleashing it on the largest user base i.e. the UK"

.. I would accept that Ireland and Italy are probably much smaller user bases that the UK and the they are basically doing free beta testing on the app right now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Or this is an example of the right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing?

There is a universal iOS / TvOS app on the Ireland App Store, as I posted before. This is the SAME version number as the U.K. store release that isn’t universal, so no tvOS support. 

Is this just an error that the universal toggle equivalent in Xcode wasn’t checked when this app was submitted in the U.K.  store and we’re not raising with anyone who cares or understands this issue. 

Just a thought, I haven’t had chance but if you create an Irish Apple ID you should be able to install this free app, then see if it accepts a U.K. login, I suspect it might. 

nst
Elite

@Anonymous User intersting point..

and who knows... you may well be right.  it could be just a mistake on their part.

having said that, enough of us are asking them whats going on so they have no excuse to have missed it by now.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Exactly, another point is there is no mention of tvOS support being added in the release notes of the Irish version. And I believe this is new, yet not clearly mentioned. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Maybe nadine can comment or look into this, the only real logical explanation I can think of that the uk nowtv app has not been updated is down to numbers. Clearly more people have either nowtv sticks or smart boxes. So the fact that the Apple box is a superior box in terms of hardware they deem it not worth it. But then again if that was the case why release it in Italy and Ireland, I just don’t get that part. Nadine commented yesterday saying it wasn’t on the radar but surely if that was the case why have they released and updated it in Ireland and Italy. It clearly was on the radar to release it there and not here, her argument doesn’t stand up there, of course nadine is just going off what she’s been told at nowtv. It is totally not right for us customers who pay a monthly fee to not have an upto date app and the right features on board. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Nadine is probably in an Indian call centre with a script, all polite but no use if you have a real issue. 

Let’s face it they’ve paid the developer, or their own internal team, to make the app universal. So why wouldn’t you reap the customer service benefit of rolling out and the potential of repeat/new custom?

Apple charges per developer account and commission on paid apps, therefore releasing to the U.K. is no additional cost. 

nst
Elite

Ive tweeted them again asking for an update.

Also, I think its more sensible to ask them a very focused question - i.e.  Why has the AppleTV app been updated on only the Irish and Italian App Stores... and not the UK one?