cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Scholar 2

Re: Update Now TV app for apple TV

I'm pleased to say the trials team have been quite responsive to my reports. Hopefully this means they're really trying it get it right.

Highlighted
Mentor

I agree, I sent an email asking about something and they replied fairly quickly... lets hope!!

Highlighted
Expert

Yes seems positive so far, you’d hope bugs will be promptly fixed from this. Issue will be suggestions as it will be a few individuals suggesting changes that differ from the NowTV blueprint as it were. 

I known Apple have human interface guidelines for iOS / macOS, would imagine they do for tvOS. You’d hope like many other U.K. providers they’d follow the normal layout. Saying that Netflix doesn’t and that works very well, Amazon not so much!

Highlighted
Expert 2

My biggest fear for the app is the absence of support for Boost.

I truly hope that when it is launched that Boost is included.

Highlighted
Expert

I did formally email this to the trails team too. 

Highlighted
Scholar 2

@MrZippy Did they reply to that?

0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

It would be a very handy feature, I mean I’m looking for a full recording service like sky a had but a live pause/ rewind feature would be great.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Expert 3

Same here re (lack of support for) Boost, got reply saying raised with dev team. Mainly I miss the enhancement to 5.1 sound. Not so much PQ as tv seems to upscale it very well, but obvs no sport at present where 50fps counts.

Highlighted
Expert

Yes, nothing either way so hopefully they’re open to adding it. There is always a possibility it’s a licensing issue, if more users use 1080p they have to pay more for content.
0 Thanks
Highlighted
Scholar 3

I am on the beta test app on apple,and it is pretty good, but the lack of boost is a problem that I hope they rectify before the test ends, and they put it out to the public domain