cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Update Now TV app for apple TV

Will the Now TV app for Apple TV ever get an update?

The current version is complete rubbish and makes me regret ever getting a Now TV pass.

Unless there is an update my Now TV experience will be very short indeed.

2,755 REPLIES 2,755
ScrumpyDaniel
Mentor

The app has been fixed on the new Apple TV 4K 2021. I had to delete & re-download the app however!

RoyB
Legend

Testing buried replies. Charliehorsefour.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Well, for starters @Anonymous User it would be nice to have the 'My TV' feature that the iOS devices have. It would make it much easier to keep track of recently watched shows as well as quick access to my Watchlist. 

Also, when you finish an episode that is part of a series, there is no quick way to watch the next episode. Netflix does a great job of always knowing what episode you last watched and makes it very easy to keep watching a series.

There are also various features unique to Apple TV that the app isn't yet making use of, e.g., Top Shelf artwork, visual scrubber to move forward and back through a show, universal Siri search. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User I would love to speak to the right person at Now TV to discuss the design and development of the app. I have run a studio since 2008 making apps for clients such as Rolls-Royce, Virgin, EA and AVON - I have so many ideas of how to improve the Apple TV app.

Here is a free one for starters:

When viewing a new series - how about a summary screen detailing what it is actually about, the genre, the cast. Simple - but very helpful.

thanks

Darren

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I suggest everyone starts tweeting a link to this forum thread and tag it #NowTVHatesAppleTV etc until someone with some real facts regarding the situation responds.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv offer their set top boxes for free so its pretty clear they have zero interest in Apple TV customers.   Personally I dont want any more clutter around my TV  and  Sky/ Now tv and BT need to learn this.   Amazon appear to be learning as they are said to be developing an app for Apple TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Feature parity with other NowTV apps minimum, Apple TV App intergration if posible

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

the app is very dated. Please update the app for Apple TV, a much cleaner interface and the capability to search shows and last watched through Apple TV. It’s very clunky and not user friendly. This is why I am not updating my subscription. 

Great sevice but let down by the old dated app currently on Apple TV. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This is shocking support for Apple TV

it should easily function like nowtv boxes and other apps.

considering how streaming is really moving forward so quickly, you would think supporting one of the top devices would be a must.

@Anonymous User The new app for Apple tv has just finished Beta testing, but there’s no news yet about its release